June 25, 2023

Strange Blog Activity Lately

Besides my lack of time to put a blog post together on a regular basis, some strange things have been happening in the blog background. I have asked other bloggers that have a blog on this platform if they have ever seen anything like what I see, none have. For about a month now, there has been traffic from Singapore using Mobile Safari on an Android phone (very weird) that is clicking over a 1,000 pages per day. I thought it was "website indexing" or as some call it, harvesting.

Then last week it stopped only to be replaced by a Windows PC in Phoenix using Oracle Cloud doing the same thing as the mystery phone in Singapore .... only less pages, only four to five pages at a time in 15-30 minute segments.

I thought they might be a response to a comment I sent to Google Blogger from their help community last week about the wild hits from Singapore. That may be or not be true. The PC stopped visiting my blog on Friday and guess who shows back up ... the weird Android from Singapore doing 1200 pages per day.

Watson does not want to ride in the FJ ... he wants to go back on his daily morning walks.

What is strange about the Android ... I don't know about you, but the few people I know that have an Android phone want nothing to do with anything Apple related, such as "Mobile Safari" ... that just adds more mystery to the runaway smart phone.

I wake up yesterday morning and check my comments on my blog dashboard to see if I have spam or any that readers have made comments but need to be approved by me because the last post was over 7 days old. I clicked the down arrow to see "Awaiting Moderation" and had over 1,300 comments waiting for my approval !!!!! What ??????

The weird thing is, all of them were on posts I had made years ago, from 2011 to 2016 and ALL OF THEM were from ME !!!! LOL

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE !!!! Of course Google Help never answers. I see posts from other bloggers that have similar issues but not exactly like mine and most of them don't have replies from Google and most have been locked to prevent anymore replies.

I do not see any signs on this blog or anywhere on my computer where I may have been hacked. It is only Blogger specific and seems to have happened only to my blog. I will keep an eye on what is going in the background of this blog .... I might have to start a new one on Wordpress, I hope not because I like all the posts here in one location. I did that move a few years ago and back to here for reasons I cannot remember ... too much time to do either move.

I don't know if any of you read or follow Travels Of A Rambling Van but I am a little concerned about the blog owner, a friend of mine. He will travel during the summer months but will still post one or two posts per month. If nothing else, he will always reply to the emails I send him no matter where he is. As you see on his blog, his last post was over two months ago and the emails I have sent have gone unanswered.

I only have his email, no phone number. His wife does not travel/camp with him on his trips. He has visited me twice over the years, once when I lived in the small house north of here and in Sierra Vista where we hiked the San Pedro River area and then had lunch. I hope nothing has happened but I am concerned.

IF anyone knows his whereabouts or has heard from him recently let me know. I'd appreciate it. 

My days have really changed since I started riding my bike on a regular basis. Even on my off days for riding I am still very busy with yard care/mowing, errands, and laziness. When I went to look for photos for this post since my last post, I found only two. Henry's photo sleeping may be a repeat photo from an earlier blog post.

In the past though, my blogging decreases as the temps get hotter and I am outside more. Yet, I see on the sidebar I have already written more posts in a little over five months than I did all last year.

The times I have gone out exploring the area with my phone and even the Nikon with me, I don't take many photos but enjoy what I see. I never knew how nice and relaxing it could be sitting on a bench, under the the bright sunshine watching a barge push many many containers of coal down the Ohio River.

Peaceful.

Add in nightly tv watching around 6:10pm of Cincinnati Reds games. They just ended their 12 game winning streak yesterday afternoon. I may start going to see the Evansville Otters play now and tape the Reds games to watch later on the nights I go to Bosse Field for live baseball. 

It's hot the way I like it, I am use to the humidity. The hounds and dog love the AC rooms where they spend most of their day sleeping.

All is good in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.

4 comments:

  1. Hi steve, good to see you back. Sorry about the problems you are having. Love your blog and your dogs. Another blog I follow is "the moho and other travelling tales" I think they are having similar problems. Hope you can solve yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the bot has not affected the blog working or reconfiguring the layout or photos. A friend sent me an email yesterday showing another blogger having the same Singapore bot on his blogger blog. So it's probably more common than I thought it was. Thank you for loving my blog and the dogs. They slow down during the hot months ... they spend time outside in the morning but not much fans of the heat in the afternoon so they sleep most of their day away inside.

      Delete
  2. Nice post and sorry for your blog troubles. Bayfield Bunch has been having problems also, but they are back up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really the only troubles for me are in the background and no trouble besides wondering who the strange bot is that keeps hitting my blog. No damages or reconfiguring anywhere so the blog it self works. Al's issues are much different but Kelly is close to getting everything fixed. Good to see you again.

      Ive never asked you since you are a USC fan ... you must hate that they went for the money and will join the B1G next year. I am not a fan of conference expansion for any team but it all revolves on making the most money possible.

      Delete