January 19, 2024

Unexpected Snow & Old Photos

After the 'heat wave' we had where it got up into the 20s, I knew we were headed for another cold spell but I didn't expect any snow. I was up late last night, let the hounds out for their last trip outside late and didn't see any snow. When I opened the patio door this morning a blast of freezing wind hit me head on and later I see this ... snow. Some old photos in this post.

It is windy this morning, coming from the west which is from the field and hitting the patio head on. It would take a strong wind to do this last night. Looks like we got a little over an inch of snow. Compared to Al's photos up in Canada, this is nothing. So it will be another few days of hibernation for the hounds, dog and I. A lot of reading, movie watching and some NFL playoff games.

I guess I should have edited this photo showing the barn shed is straight and my fence leans to the left instead of the top of it being straight. 

I was bored enough last night that I pulled off a few cases holding DVDs from my shelf. These were all DVDs I had recorded from 2005 to 2018. Many of the movies I could not remember by looking at the title. I ended up watching three of them last night. I am not sure if my DVD recorder broke or if I gave it away, can't remember. Isn't that sad?

You know it's cold outside when Henry and Watson didn't stay outside any longer than to pee. Normally Watson will explore every inch of the fence line with this nose to the ground. Henry will cover the yard with his nose at the same time. But not today.

Of course Henry NEVER does anything the same time the other two do. Such as come inside, go outside, eat his two meals ... nothing ... Henry will always do those same things but nor for a minute or two after Watson and/or Walter does them. So here about the time Watson was walking back inside, Henry started his sprint for the door.

I can hear readers telling me "Walter needs a coat" but Walter doesn't like coats, doesn't like his harness, doesn't like any collar on his neck. The collar wouldn't work anyway because his neck is bigger than his head and it would only slip off. He will be 4 years old in a couple of weeks, February 1st actually, and doesn't mind the bad weather when he goes outside. Last year he would have refused to go out in weather like today. 

I am pulling out some hound photos from my library since I don't have a lot of current photos here .....

December 31, 1999 ... Before my blogging days, the puppy Arthur and his buddy Bertha.

December 25, 2000 ... 1987 Toyota 4Runner. It had close to 300,000 miles on it when I took this photo.

January 20, 2002 ... Bertha was around three years old and loved that field behind the house.  

March 23, 2003 ... Arthur and Bertha playing. That is Max out in the field. He was blind his last 6 years of his life but he still liked roaming the field behind the house.

January 2, 2006 ... Winston posing for the camera. He was about a year and a half then.

June 27, 2007 ... Sadie and Winston taking a break from roaming the field.

January 15, 2015 ... Sadie still needed to be leashed when walking her. Stella would not arrive for another eight months.

January 11, 2016 ... Stella on the left, Sadie on the right ... the snow would always energize them.

January 18, 2016 ... Heidi was battling some severe skin issues. Four different vets, allergy shots, allergy meds, grain free food, epson salt bathes, acupuncture, shampoos ... nothing worked ... until she spent 3 months in the hot dry weather in Sierra Vista AZ after we moved ... all of her skin issues disappeared.


February 23, 2020 ... Heidi and Stella loved the hot sunshine even in the cooler temps of winter in AZ.

I might have to spend some time pulling more old photos out of the archives for a blog post in the future.

As I glance outside the large trees in the neighborhood are swaying and snow is blowing off the roof. The street was already cleaned before I even had my first cup of coffee. I was told last year this street and the one that connects to it are snow plowed because the man a few houses up the street use to be on the city counsel. It doesn't matter if that is true or not, I am happy to have a clean street in this weather. 

For you political readers ... Las Vegas odds makers came out yesterday with their odds for the 2024 election. They have Trump as the leader, can't remember who was second because I was shocked who they had as the third best chance of being the next president. At 9-1 odds ... Michelle Obama.

The next big project on my mind for the house, it taking out the carpet of the two bedrooms and my computer room. I have pulled up carpet in a corner in each room and the hardwood floors under the carpet are in mint condition. I can't decide if lighter wood floors would go with the dark flooring in the hallway. My friends up the street did that last winter and it really looks good but their new flooring is a lighter color of wood that matches their floors in the bedrooms.

With this snow melting early next week and then having a good chance of rain for three straight days, I will found out if my additional top soil I added to the lawn's low spots helps any. My friend tells me to keep doing it as his son's yard had the same problem with flooding but after four or five summers of adding soil, there is no more flooding in his yard.

That's about it for today ... Oh, I filed my taxes yesterday online and will not get notified for another 10 days by the IRS that they have been received.

It's freezing in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.

6 comments:

  1. Nice photos. I do remember Heidi and how she suffered so with her skin issues and how you tried so many different treatments for her and then you moved to the Southwest. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still to this day feel sorry for that girl. I will never forget the first 30 minutes driving after picking her up from a foster, she literally talked non stop. Walked in the house and immediately took one of Winston's bones and then a nap.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, if big Mike's running, wake me up Nov. 5th! Can't stand the lies and deceit.
    Or maybe he'll be EXPOSED. That'd be fun. Trump will own any debate. Watch, they won't try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding I am now spending most of my online time on Twitter (X) to keep up with all the news. Videos from iPhones don't lie about what's going on. IF they stop the illegals in Texas they will just move their entrance to Arizona. More articles today about the plan of Obama's in November.

      Delete
  3. Saw your comment on Sue's blog. My bet is it was so profitable, she sold it. Maybe to amazon itself. Didn't know they bought blogs, but they do. I wouldn't buy anything thru her anymore. It's bad enough they suckle off all the business from your & everyone elses local stores. F them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW ... I didn't know Amazon bought blogs either. In fact I have never heard anything like that but it is quite interesting. It sure seems that might be the logical answer. I just find it pretty irresponsible of her. For YEARS people supported her lifestyle on the road. For a while she made the mistake of showing her income and sources I think on a drop down menu and her affiliate income was the highest source. The affiliate income was from her readers using her amazon links. I still think I know where she lives but the times I drove around that small town I could not find her house with a new wood fence or her parked Casita in the yard before the fence. Thanks for the comment, had no idea Amazon bought blogs.

      Delete