In typical Indiana weather fashion, temperatures rose to 66° yesterday. Cletus shook out all of his winter allergies and got that loose skin of his ready for a nice day outside. Window blinds were opened for the first time in weeks, then the windows came open along with the patio door so the dogs could go in and out when they wanted. The weather was that nice yesterday.
To start this post off, on the side bar I have added a lot of the blogs that I use to follow. I remember years ago I was probably following 30 or so blogs. Over time, travelers went homebase, stopped blogging and some passed away. More than a few have moved their blogging operations to YouTube or one to Facebook. Anyway, those that I remember and could find a blog link, I've added to the side bar.
I have come to realize that everything that is broken can be fixed. From storm damage to some heart repairs, things get fixed. The grass will always come back in the spring no matter how dead it was in July or dormant in January. It always comes back green and tall. So will the berm behind the fence. I haven't touched that this year and don't have any plans too.
I have no idea why that has changed.
Like always I think about this blog, what to change, whether to stop it or go the opposite direction, get out with the camera and start blogging again daily like I used to. It was so much easier in the past to blog a couple of times per day with 20-25 photos of the hounds and dogs while walking through that field where I used to live.
There are plenty of places to travel around here with a camera and write about. Laziness is a battle with me at times, especially when it's freezing cold. Almost all activity stops when those single digits show up, even indoor activity.
Then I think of Blogger which this blog is on. The same template I have used for years because there just isn't that many to choose from on this platform. In fact I cannot remember the last time Blogger even had new templates to choose from.
When I think of that I go back to the time I had WordPress blogs and all the choices of neat modern templates to use. I remember the blog I tried with just a paragraph of content and then nothing but photos of the hounds and dogs for the rest of the post. I always came back to Blogger to rebuild the blog.
I read something interesting yesterday about all the bot hits I am getting on my blog. In the thousands per day. Some are good, some are bad, some are real people it says. So in my research about the bad bots and what kind of danger my blog might be in while being bombarded ... it said that Blogger was much safer for any kind of bad results of those bot attacks.
WordPress and other platforms were more vulnerable.
Not only on my blog but I seem to be getting a lot more spam phone calls, more spam email than before. Apple Mail does a great job filtering out the mail and sends almost everything into a Junk Folder. My phone, I have tried different things over the years and nothing seems to help. The "No Call" list rarely works. I've blocked a lot of numbers after they call once but that makes no difference. So I guess it is what it is and we live with it, since my life is almost all electronic and has been for years.
I know you will find this hard to believe ... but I have still not watched tv news, read any online news nor do I look at news websites, even at their headlines. If it is not sports related I have no idea what is going on in the world or the USA. I cannot remember when I stopped following the news but it's been a while.
Even on my X account I no longer get any kind of news in my feed from people I don't know. With a combination of me manually blocking key words or accounts that dealt with news, not "liking" or making a comment to those posts news related ... X (twitter) has adjusted their algorithm for my feed to only sports 99.9% of the time. There are rarely any leaks with news stuff.
I haven't watched much of the Olympics but that is not new to me. I stopped years ago in both the winter and summer Olympics. I like the downhill skiing, the luge and cross country skiing but that is about it. I will watch the cycling road race in the summer Olympics but that is about all that I tune into.
Not only Stella but all the hounds and dogs, grown and puppies, loved that really hot sunshine. The high desert environment had cleared up Heidi's skin allergies within months of moving there, with no medications of any kind. The high desert did what thousands of dollars of medications and four different vets could not do, get rid of her raw skin.
This was a great bicycle shop. He only sold old road bikes and it was like a bicycle racing museum. It had a couple of chairs in front where we would sit and talk for hours about our experiences in bicycling while enjoying the view of Bisbee. Soon after I moved the owner of that building didn't renew the bike shop owner's lease because he wanted to turn it into another Bisbee coffee shop.
The bikes were sold to a friend in Colorado, the building emptied. He sold his house and moved to Tucson and retired.
Could I do those daily roadtrips here? I could and there is plenty to see, to write about ... so what keeps me from doing it?
BTW, anytime I see photos of that area I go to Realtor dot com and check out what houses are for sale. I do have a file of saved houses in different towns that have always interested me. Just from that it looks like the housing market has really slowed down. I wonder if it is from the new real estate rules for 2026.
For example, when I inquired about the off-grid house in Hereford, I would have had to pay the agent a certain percentage of the asking price for her to just do a walk around video for me. I cannot remember the percentage but I remember when she told me, it amounted to ~$6,000 up front. Even if I were to change my mind and not make an offer. Of course "the seller might agree to pay that". The word "might" is the keyword there.
So basically due to that, any long distances purchases like I did with my last two houses will not happen. It's fun to look though.
Another good day here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.














Always interesting and great photos of the hounds & dogs. Vern
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Vern.
DeleteA fun photo of Cletus and it looks like spring time at your house. Your backyard looks good after the snow melt.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the warmer weather !
Sue
About the time I was taking that photo of Cletus he started shaking his head. The yard surprised me actually because that foot of snow how to go somewhere and then rain last night to add to it. The weather was great, my mind was in a better mood and I can't wait for spring. LOL
DeleteHi Steve, re: unwanted phone calls-I'm using "ask reason for calling " on my iPhone & have found that a real help in screening out the Noise.Critters are looking good.All the best.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I will try that.
Deletethanks for that suggestion, it works very well.
DeleteIt's amazing, the difference in the backyard this year versus last year. Hope it continues through the rest of winter. I have over 200 numbers blocked on my landline. Such a pain. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI probably have as many blocked on my iPhone ... it is a PIA dealing with all the spam.
Delete