While having all different kinds of weather the past few weeks, I realized it was not the weather that made me lethargic, unmotivated and have mind that scans non stop for answers or ideas. I found out through self realization, meaning me, no counselor involved ... that I was bored ... and had been for a long time.
After I misdiagnosed what I was feeling last summer I started paying more attention to facts and my gut feeling rather than "it's part of getting older" or "you're getting old Steve". I realized I had been bored for quite awhile.
To make a long story short ---- see that $22.87 ... that included
- A cold more than lukewarm warm small of coffee ... check out their price for that!!!
- Three sausage links that were not even warm
- Three over easy eggs that were not only on the cool side but had not been cooked on the inside.
- I almost forgot .. I ordered the "full size" of biscuits and gravy. Where I live that usually means two huge biscuits and enough sausage gravy running over the top of them and your plate ... but not at Kate's.
- Two of the smallest biscuits I had seen in my 73 years of life.
- Gravy that didn't even cover the biscuits let alone your plate
For once I kept my mouth shut. Ate all of it, drank the small cup of coffee, paid my bill with a tip and left.
Now as you can see from photos on the blog I guess you could say I live in a "rural area". Yet only 4 miles to the SE is a downtown to a small city with a few very tall buildings and 120,000 people. Most of the time though, I feel I am living in the country in back and a nice quiet neighborhood on the front.
So what was the new excitement for Ava and Watson ... enough to make them go crazy at first but a few days later decided that noise was just normal?
The last few weeks before we moved from Sierra Vista we had 20 some head of cattle behind the house that we would hear occasionally ... but now ????
A rooster!!!
He is just not visiting either. It's my understanding the owner up the street with a backyard that faces mine, wants to raise or actually plans to raise ... CHICKENS!!! Based on what I have seen, not that I am snooping or have a drone over his house .. I don't see him building a secure chicken coupe, highly secure like I see on the tv show Homestead Rescue. Now THEY know how to build a chicken coupe ... not this guy.
So the sad part of the story is, he will TRY to raise chickens to only find out that he is providing a food source for the wandering coyotes and an occasional red fox I see.
When I noticed none of the dogs and hounds were outside with me as I sat in my chair facing directly into the sunshine, getting some good natural Vitamin D ... I turned to look behind me to see these two.
So here is what has and is keeping me so busy. I love doing this kind of stuff. I call it stuff because to me it is not work. For a couple of years I was doing this full time. It was my only source of income because 20 years ago I didn't get social security and I didn't want to tap into my retirement. So this was it.
I actually got the urge last summer to look around on the website and even sent messages back and forth with a full time seller who lives near me in Illinois and is also an Indiana Hoosiers fan. He had been selling on this platform since 1999. For various reasons I quit in 2010 and deleted my account with over 15,000 feedbacks and a Power Seller rating. He was still selling though, in large numbers.
eBay ....
I had not been there in a while except to buy three different car parts the past five years. I checked on things I use to sell, look at the sellers feedback and see how many they were getting in a month. There are more sales numbers than feedback numbers so it's a good gage.
This time I had "a helper" ... ChatGPT.
"Does this (specific name of item) sell well on eBay ... after 11 days of listing things I want to sell, I would say ChatGPT is very very accurate. Yes, March 2nd I started taking photos and making listings to sell of things I wanted to get rid of in my house. I don't like having garage sales because I don't like strangers wandering around my garage and driveway looking at stuff then asking if they can buy something cheaper than the price on the tag. Basically it is more of a property thing, than a sales thing.
At first it took a few days to get back in the swing of things. Plus eBay had changed some things for sellers and for the better. Things are a lot easier now and for some reason compared to when I quit ... once my items were indexed by the eBay servers, customers were finding them.
Just like I did in 2005, I have started with selling things in my house that I no longer want. From extra Apple charging cables to books to League Certified jerseys of NBA, MLB and NFL to bicycle assessors, tools or jerseys. Just to name a few.
It's a lot of work to put a listing together if you want it to look professional and not just thrown together. I guess they are like those lawns I was mowing growing up back in 1965.
After a week I had a routine and a process down and things were running smoothly. Time to work, time for dog walks in warmer non-rainy days, a little time to eat, watch a movie and get some sleep.
It also keeps me from living on social media, although that time has decreased on its own since college football is over.
I've learned a lot this week and found out the eBay algorithms like 5-10 new listings per day instead of a big dump of 20-25 of them. I was trying to get to 100 items as soon as possible. Most listings have 4-5 edited photos, creating details, features and a description then coming up with a price.
You can check anything you have by typing that in the search block on eBay then scroll down while looking on the left side for that small box to check next to "sold" ... you will find out if your items will sell and what it actually sold for.
Sales have been more than expected. My damaged Canon G9X that I dropped on the concrete carport years ago, still worked .. sold for $370 Thursday night after a 7 day auction. Although I was told on the forums most all listings now are Buy it Now ... but I have sold 3 of the 4 auctions I did have.
My system is down pat now ... When I took a break to run to the post off to ship a couple of items I had scheduled listings out to this coming Tuesday. I will add on to that daily in advance until I am up to a 1000 items.
I cannot change my ID until April 1st, eBay says not before then.
I do have special pricing from what you see listed for blog readers, friends and neighbors. Let me know if you see anything of interest.
Hounds and dogs are sleeping, I am going back to having fun ... all is good in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.



























Good you have a new project and are making money on it. That was an expensive breakfast and sounds like it wasn't the best. The Crew look great and with all the flowering trees it looks like spring in the Tropics.
ReplyDeleteYes Ava is a beauty and good catch on her eyes!
Sue
I forgot to add she is starting to finally grow a little faster.
DeleteSorry about your breakfast out experience. Don't you just love how they also add the tip info on the receipt? With your new eBay enterprise going, I hope it will leave you time for some March Madness watching! Take care.
ReplyDeleteI am now getting to the point I will be able to spend more time away from the computer. It should be pretty wide open this year. I liked the warning of 64 cent card for using a card to pay. LOL
DeleteOh man! All that ebay stuff makes my head hurt! Maybe I should ship all my extra crap to you and let you deal with it!
ReplyDeleteLOL. I have so much to list since I decided yesterday to sell all my sports memorabilia, that I probably have 400 listings to do. But sure, shoot me an email on what you might want to get rid of. I also have a consignment agreement made for others wanting me to do the same. My neighborhood street can handle semi-trucks. LOL
Delete