April 12, 2023

Hotter Weather

Since I am posting early today it may seem like I am wasting great weather being inside putting this post together but I have been outside doing things all day today and still have more to do tomorrow. After the hounds and dog had their afternoon after lunch siesta I thought Watson might be up for some fetch ... but all of them just wanted to hang out and enjoy the 75° with a breeze.


I tossed the ball underhand for the first throw. I have done something to my arm where it has lost its strength and is sore. I can barely left my coffee cup sometimes and other times I can raise it above my head with no issues. At first I thought I had just slept on it wrong but since I am into my second week it might be more than that. Definitely hard to lift and empty 40# of dog food into the containers.


It looked like Watson was going to play a game of fetch ... but it didn't happen.


He has the ball hidden in his mouth.


Henry just being Henry ... eats, sleeps and gets his walks in ... that is about all he needs.



Henry is always searching for stuff outside the fence but rarely finds anything he can drag back inside. It's just scent I guess. 


When I asked about playing fetch, I got this answer.


While I slept under the sun, stretched out to start my first burn of the summer, I cracked open my eyes to see Watson relaxed and in the shade.


Then like a lightning bolt, he took off for the fence and got airborne, baying as if the squirrel had returned. I stepped out into the yard but didn't see birds or squirrels anywhere in their backyard. What did he see or hear or smell ???



It was the big white dog Charlie that lives a couple of houses down. He does not have a fenced in yard but wears a collar where the owner can use a hand remote to train him to stay in the yard.



Interesting to see Watson relax enough to sit and watch Charlie walk around a few yards over.


It would be nice if he would only stop jumping on people due to his excitement when they come over to pet him. I contacted two local dog trainers last night ... not a word from either of them today. To me, that is strange or they are so booked up with work they don't have time to call back.


Walter finally came outside to sniff around.



This gives you some idea how tall I cut the grass inside the fence. Weed killer will NOT be used to kill the clover or dandelions. It was so nice that cargo shorts, t-shirt was dress code today. It is suppose to be hotter tomorrow. Tonight I am fixing some grilled salmon, steamed asparagus and a little brown rice.

The weather right now is awesome in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. We had a couple of days nearing the 70's, however today has been cooler and this afternoon the fog rolled in. Chance of showers tonight/tomorrow - that can be handled as long as no white stuff accompanies it.

    Nice Spring weather that you and the gang are enjoying. Your backyard is just perfect for your four footed boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe we have been here two years at the end of this month? Yes, perfect area for the gang. Lot of scents, birds, squirrels, raccoons at night, occasion deer.

      Delete