April 05, 2023

Tornadic Activity Should Be North Of Us


No these photos are not from this morning but the past few days. It was still 76°last night after 8pm ... that's my kind of weather. I wanted to get a post out this morning before the forecasted severe storms pass through here, starting at noon. Luckily any tornadic activity should be a couple of hundred miles to the north of us. Yet, you never know until the time is near. Right now I have the windows open with a nice breeze, the rain from earlier this morning has stopped. The hounds and even Walter have been outside this morning.


The sound of lawn mowers is always a sign of spring to me. The neighborhood did not disappoint as yards were being mowed this weekend before the predicted storm on Tuesday which has been moved to today. I filled up my five gallon gas can (plastic) for the mower and that usually last me for the summer. As you can see Walter and Henry loves soaking up some sun on the patio deck.


Did you know that Watson can completely hid the small patch of grass inside his mouth while I explain to him how I am trying to grow grass for the yard and not his diet? After his lecture the other day where I saw nothing around him, he walks into the family room and drops the small patch of green grass, with dirt and roots on the rug next to the door. This isn't the type of grass eating dogs do for an upset stomach, like Stella and Sadie use to do in the field up north .. but strictly a 'snack' for him and Henry.


About a month ago, maybe less those green leaves were bright white flowers. Last Friday there were 17 confirmed tornadoes statewide.


Besides the hound walks, some mahjong playing, mowing the grass or just sitting outside enjoying the weather, I can't say much is being done around here. At least nothing blog worthy. 


It should be an interesting day here "the tropics" of Southern Indiana today.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve...a lot of spring weather in the US lately that has killed people and damaged towns.
    We have a tornado watch here in southern Michigan today so I will be watching the weather .
    Good to see pictures of the hounds and dog enjoying the outdoors.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say it has been a busier than a normal April. The one in Sullivan IN was 30 miles from where I lived before. They are wanting to go outside right now but with all the rain the yard is just too wet. Weatherbug dot com has a pretty good radar screen if interested. Good luck today.

      Delete
  2. Nope... there is not enough money in China to get me to live in Tornado Country ever again. I am delighted and pleased with the 110 degrees in beautiful Arizona. Those superstition mountains are beautiful every day and lovely to wake up to. At least no sirens or swirling clouds. I wish you all had chosen Show Low to move to because the admirer would have been thrilled to visit those boys. We've been busy around here; I am cleaning out the tool shed 11X55 it was packed to the brim. Plan to be selling a lot of stuff. Thanks for posting photos, Watson is a HUGE boy... and so beautiful. Henry is so sweet, so pretty too. And, Walter, he makes me laugh. He is like King Walter and every pays attention and he's the smallest one. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that was part of the deal when I moved back. Illegals starting to pass through the old neighborhood in SV, drinking out of my next door neighbor's water hose. I thought about Show Low and Payson. I rode my bicycle through each of those towns on my bike trip in 1976. Now houses are more than I want to pay to move back to AZ. Yes King Walter runs the house. He watches out for everybody.

      Delete