January 14, 2026

Last January Was Different


First of all, none of these photos are in the order I posted. All of them happen in the first two weeks of January last year. Can you believe I shoveled my driveway and patio of thick ice and snow five months before I found out I was in a situation of "heart failure"? I also cut up all the fallen tree limbs and carried them to the back berm during that time. We had an ice storm with no electrical power four days and nights. Walter loved the snow as did Ava. I will let the photos tell the story ... January 2025.





























It was freezing cold today as I moved the trash and recycling cans to the end of the driveway for pickup in the morning. The "feels like" is 12° right now ... movies, reading and ballgames I guess until it warms up later next week. 

At least it is dry in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana. 

8 comments:

  1. Let's hope in the next two weeks you don't have a repeat of Jan. 2025.
    Countdown to the game !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is ever safe up to April 1 for Indiana weather. LOL Yes, luckily the NFL playoff games will get me through the weekend to Monday.

      Delete
  2. Was snow and power outage recently? Loved seeing Walter who doesn't like it outside running in the snow and having fun! Great photos and hope you and the crew are all warm and cozy inside. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hounds and dogs have the best life... it's pretty clear you are not ranking high enough to have your own sofa. I told the admirer you should get one of those kiddo sofa's that can fold out so you could have a bit more room to stretch out. He looked at me and immediately informed me NO, the hounds and dogs would take it from you, and just then I could see the light get brighter in him... he told me to write you and tell you if you got a kiddo sofa and opened it the hounds and dogs would go to it, and leave you the whole sofa, and with that he laughed and figured he had a pretty good idea so you could have a place to nap too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well his idea years ago about getting Heidi a blanket on her new dog bed worked out pretty well. Tell him, he is right ... they would take it as theirs. I tell Watson all the time when I am eating a meal and he is standing there staring at me ... "it's my food everything is not yours" ... that just makes his drool longer. LOL Since I stand the whole game of IU football ... they can take over the couch. I have to have room to pace during commercials.

      Delete