7:45pm -- it did not even rain here ... everything was 100 miles or so north of us.
We have had our first "Watch" issued today until 8pm tonight. That means there are conditions that could lead to tornadoes but most of the storm activity forecasted seems to be 50-100 miles north of us. Looks like it is going to rain here in the next 30 minutes but I went to take some photos of the sky a while ago.
As usual that huge colored area was headed right for us from the west when I started this post, is blown north of us. Even the fast forward showed that big colored area going right over us. It is now sunny outside.
Watson wasn't that concerned as I was looking at the sky in all different directions.
The storms always come from this direction, the southwest.
Blue skies to the northwest.
Henry never cares about weather, hot or cold. He is just enjoying the 67° temperature.
I have been waiting for the perfect day to glue in the three missing end pieces.
Back towards the southwest.
Darker fast in the past minute from the northwest and that lines up with the siren warnings 40 miles north of me that someone reported on Facebook.
All of this weather is a sign that Spring is right around the corner.
Henry didn't want to come inside when I said "come on" ... he loves being outside.
Within minutes the skies to the northwest changed again. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out but I am not excepting much to happen where we live and that is always a good thing. Of course my comment on Facebook under the Storm Chaser post has set up a firestorm.
If you would have read their post you would think this area would be wiped off the face of the earth. I calmly posted that in my three sites I follow, nothing shows we are in danger when you have us in the boxed in area for severe weather.
Those sites I have followed for years are windy.com, weatherbug.com - then click on their radar link. wunderground.com where I can see the hourly weather, rain fall prediction and wind speed.
Let me see if I can find some hounds and dogs photos besides these from today ... nothing, sorry.
All is good this afternoon in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.
Great news that the tornado passed without affecting your area. We have just ended the third rain/snow/wind storm since Monday. It's been a wild time, with wind on Tuesday night in the 80 mile an hour range in parts of the mountain. Trees and power lines down, accidents, big rigs blocking roads, and just an all around mess. I haven't been out since last Friday when I stocked up and won't go out probably until next week. Unfortunately this is a three day weekend and the tourists will be here to play in the snow. It will be a real mess. Take care and stay safe.
ReplyDeleteThank you. That does sound like a real mess. It will be Spring soon so we can chalk this winter weather away for another year.
Delete