May 16, 2019

Stella Boycotts Morning Walk

This is Stella's new morning routine. She will whine that she wants to take the walk in the morning but that has turned out to let me know she just wants to go outside. Again on Wednesday morning she wasn't going anywhere. Afternoon walks are also in question, some days yes, some days no. It's funny how she comes up with these changes.
A few minutes before 6am this morning I glanced outside and there was a light fog hovering over the top of the hay. I headed outside as fast as possible to take a picture while the hounds were chowing down on their morning kibble. (It's raining again at 7pm)
This morning she stood there doing nothing and it was about the time I started walking back to the house when she started slowly walking to the field. Only to eat wet grass.
I thought the Azalea was dead but some signs of life. The other three are growing like gangbusters and are the same position under the roof overhang.
Heidi came out right after lunch but she wasn't going anywhere either. Although she ended up spending most of the afternoon outside alone, wandering, taking a walk in the grass and then sleeping in the backyard under the sunshine.
Once Stella saw that I was walking away in the field she decided a Thursday morning walk might be a good idea.
She was running so fast she ran right past the camera.
The race was on to see who would get into the house first
When I didn't see Heidi for an hour or so outside I started walking to the field and there she was. She was just returning from her own walk and exploration.
I am getting a lot done. I am very tired by the time I finish and the nights are not long enough. All is good though in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment