May 15, 2021

Hounds And A Dog Getting Better


By the day the hounds and the dog are getting used to their new home and new yard. Today was a good day for them. Early this morning before I did some yard work we spent time outside. Henry always on the 40' cord, Stella and Walter roam free. Walter later followed me around to the front yard while I blew out dead leaves from the flower beds before mowing/mulching them. He stuck around and didn't run away. Stella slept through most of the morning in her favorite spot in the weeds and Henry just hung out in the backyard looking for his new friend next door.


I cleaned out the dead leaves from the back section between the greatroom and master bathroom/closet, then cleared out the front flowerbeds. Later my new PitBoss grill arrived via FedEx that I bought from Walmart. I didn't have a truck to haul it from the local store nor did I want to do that again. This is the same grill I sold to my friend last year, only this model is the 500 instead of the 700. I did the 40 minute break-in and am ready to grill tomorrow.

Friends came over to watch the Preakness and a new development. Henry did not jump as much and fell asleep on my friends foot. The hounds and the dog saw who was here and went back to sleep, of course at the base of the couch just like in Arizona. Light rain after that with not much more planned for the weekend. 

It was a great Saturday here in "the tropics" of southern Indiana.

4 comments:

  1. OH BOY - my printer went into OVERTIME! Henry' photo is now my new wallpaper of one side of the lower wall of the hall way on the way to the admirer's sleep quarters. I must admit, he is the most beautiful basset ever. He is just precious. Walter has a funny personality. Makes the admirer laugh often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walter is quite the dog. EVERYBODY loves Walter around here. Henry is still very much a puppy. The change in food months ago has all three with the softest coats I have ever had with a hound or a dog in 34 years, plus they love eating it. I can almost picture a wall full of Henry photos. He loves the camera like Winston did and likes to show off in the backyard.

      Delete
  2. Great photos today, Steve. It's nice to see everone enjoying their new environment. Glad it's working out so well. Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice and hot today but not as intense heat as we experienced in SV. Mid 80s this week so summer has arrived I think.

      Delete