February 26, 2022

Hounds & Dog Survive Rains


We've had some torrential downpours last week, mixed in with freezing temperatures. With it being 37° today Henry felt it was time to take the layer of ice off of the outside water bowl and drag it out into the yard for some good ice chewing. It didn't take long for Walter to request to go back inside. The yard is a mess with all the water, the house is a mess with dogs tracking in dead grass on wet paws. Warm weather is on the way so there is plenty of time to vacuum all the grass inside.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos tonight I sure enjoy looking at them and to hear about their habits.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They keep things interesting around here.

      Delete
  2. Super photos and I see what you mean about bringing grass into the house. Best photo beside Henry with his ice block is the one with the grass on his ears. We had another 10 inches of snow this week with no rain. Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal winter temps are on the way and spring temps around the corner. But you never know with Indiana weather. I thought the photo of Henry and his grassy ears might have to go in my favorites file.

      Delete
  3. So that's what I need! Someone to follow along behind me to clean up the mess I leave on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My vacuum gets a work out during the winter I am finding out. There wasn't a lot to track in back in AZ ... this place drives me nuts. LOL I decided the photo of the floor needed to be transparent and not staged with me vacuuming the grass up before I took the photos. I cannot be that Hollywood.

      Delete