This was my day today and it will give a visual explanation why I don't have time to blog about the hounds and the dog every day like I did more than three years ago when I lived north of here and had four different hounds. Last May when I high pressure washed the driveway, sidewalk and front porch .... some of the mortar surface on the porch came apart and peeled off the porch. I knew then I had a new project on my list for the fall when the temps were cooler.
It probably looked good when they first applied it about 10 years ago but not now. I knew if it was not sticking to the original porch surface that I could not just patch the peeled off sections. I was going to take it all off, sand it, pressure wash again and then paint with good old fashion paint for concrete porches. Today I did more than I had planned and am way ahead of schedule. I used a combination of tools from an edger that turned out to be a great porch scraper, a hammer and 5" putting knife (chisel) for the hard spots and a hammer when I was mad after hitting my thumb with the hammer more times than I wanted.
The porch is clear of all the mortar surface. I will find a sander tomorrow, then pressure wash it. I will have to wait until next Monday to paint since rain is in the forecast Saturday and Monday.
I will sleep well tonight here in 'the tropics' of southern Indiana.