January 29, 2026

Thinking About Winston Today


With the icicles dripping with water, the snow is finally melting slowly. It has a long way to go because when I walked out into my side yard yesterday to clear a small pop up spout ground level for my sump pump ... I walked in snow that came up to my knee. I started thinking about Winston this morning and decided to put this together. The photos are not in any kind of order.






































Heat wave today, up to 27° here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana. 

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo gallery of Winston!!! He was one of a kind and didn't he decide what he was or wasn't going to do if my memory serves me right? I think Walter has that in him too. Nice post, stay warm and take care. It is spring weather here in the mountains, unbelievable that we have no snow yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was always on his own schedule and pace. Henry is almost a twin of him. It is getting warmer but woke up to a light dusting of snow.

      Delete
  2. It hit 70 here yesterday but as I sit out here under the canopy this morning writing this it's 30 and windy.

    Where would we be without our Winstons? They give us so much, even after they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they do. 30 sounds like a heat wave to me right now ... 70's sounds perfect

      Delete
  3. Our pets, they are so much more than that. they are our family.. sometimes even more than that. By our side always and understand what we need and when. Sade is my heart for sure. Don't know what i would do without her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't picture myself living without have a dog. I thought I was done with dogs after Heidi and Stella would leave but I had already bought Walter and Henry before that happened. Good to see you stop by.

      Delete
  4. someone is loving this post, and his bedroom door is looking a lot like this post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, he was the main reason I did the post. Yes I was thinking of Winston but also Winston's admirer.

      Delete