I know it is not March yet but today sure did seem like a March or April day. 65° had me, the hounds and dogs outside on the patio for a while. Of course whenever I could come inside for water, they would get up and follow me in. Now that I am typing this, they are all taking their afternoon siesta.
It wasn't long this morning before I had all the windows open, the furnace turned off and a couple of good cups off coffee. I didn't start the day off really good. I normally fix coffee after the hounds and dogs have been feed, plus a couple of trips outside for them. So, 30 minutes usually after I wake up.
Yesterday a friend sent me a video from a "sleep expert" that said due to dehydration while we sleep, I should wait 90 minutes before my first cup of coffee and before that try to drink 16-20oz of water. I thought I'd try that and see if I noted any changes.
Well I did notice I was drinking that water much faster than I thought I would. In fact I was really thirsty and 24 ounces were gone just like that ... well really more than that.
That was because the first 12 ounces spilled, flowing over my keyboard and the front of the desktop as I knocked the glass over. I was moving my blood pressure reader to the left corner of my keyboard so I could take my blood pressure on my left arm like usual. Quite a start to a day where I had not had coffee yet. Was the universe trying to tell me something? LOL
A couple of weeks ago Ava came in from the yard really limping. Her leg looked ok, her paws were clean and when I felt around her right ankle and leg she showed no signs of pain. I thought she might have twisted her ankle or knee. A few hours later she is running sprints in the backyard from one side to another. So I didn't think anything else about it.
Then earlier this week she is limping again slightly after running full steam outside. I then noticed her right foot was slightly swollen compared to her left foot. I tried keeping her confined as much as possible, which wasn't a lot since she loves activity. By Thursday the foot looked normal, no limping and still running a 100mph in the backyard.
Other than that it was a pretty lazy day for all of us. Looking ahead looks like only one day of cold weather on Monday where the high will be mid 40s .. then back up to the high 60s after that. Still I know Indiana whether well and am not declaring it officially Spring yet.
It's not official but it's Spring today "in the tropics" of Southern Indiana.














Not a good start to the morning spilling water on your keyboard but it looks like weather wise it turned out great . The crew look like they are enjoying the warm weather.
ReplyDeleteSue
Actually just like the commercial Bounty paper towels cleaned it up pretty quick but the water seeped under three external drives, the base of my iMac and a book. I hear we have winter conditions Sunday night into Monday. That's hard to believe.
DeleteLove the photo of Henry and Walter lying nose to nose. Good buddies. We too are having Spring weather which has been enjoyed. Most of our snow is melted, but still have the dirty brown stuff on the sides of the road. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI will enjoy each good weather day until Spring is officially here.
DeleteUsed to be we'd switch the heatpump to cooling mode in May, then it became April. Yesterday I got the ladder and air-hose out to give the damn thing a thorough cleaning because I suspect we will switch it to cooling mode this week which gets the innards all wet, making it harder to clean and it will probably be November before it's dry again.
DeleteI clean my AC unit every fall and then cover it for the winter. I usually don't turn it back on until summer time when I can no longer stand the heat. Or ... when Watson and Cletus start panting.
Delete