July 17, 2022

Postponed And Walter


I have spent most of the day looking out this window, with temps borderline between shutting the windows and turning on the AC or keep them open with the AC turned off and a slight cool breeze at 75° but with 90% humidity. It is 2:30pm central time when I write this. After spending all day on Wordpress, trying to get a free blog set up like I use to have, I feel like the whole day is wasted and in fact "Postponed". Rain off an on, lots of reading on forums to find the Wordpress answer and still waiting for "Staff" expertise.


It must have rained hard when I wasn't paying attention since the Reds game in St Louis was postponed without even giving it a chance for the storms to blow through with a tarp on the field. They canceled it before the tv stations could even start their pre-game shows. I am two and a half hours from St Louis, MO.

I have no plans to move this blog to Wordpress. With a couple of fellow bloggers and friends using Wordpress for their blog I thought I might set something up to play around with. You know how I get when I get bored. But that has turned into one frustrating cluster. I know how to blog over there, how to set up new sites, the difference between their .org and .com programs. I know how to upload, host services, FTP .. but all I want is a free site, chose a template, write a post and publish it ... so far me and many others on the forum are being sent to a pay plan page after hitting the "launch" button to the test blog with no way of launching our free WordPress site.


This photo is not from yesterday, it just looks like it. It was taken today just minutes ago.


Same thing, looks like Saturday but a current photo.


Every time I had Watson looking into the camera, he would look down about the time I hit the shutter. 


You would think from these two photos he is camera shy, maybe doesn't want his photo taken but he loves the camera and I swear poses sometimes when he knows I am taking a photo of him at a distance. I don't use that choker collar to strangle him. I needed it to train him on a leash. The breeder showed me how to use it when I picked him up at eight weeks old. They are hard to find anymore. It took two pet stores, Target and Walmart before I found a 3mm and large enough for his neck. The normal collar is either too big or too small right now for his neck size, so that works well. 


It rained last night and all day today off an on. That is a BIG problem for Walter. He does not like wet patios, wet grass, wet feet, wet anything. I didn't realize it until taking the photo a few down from this one, that he might have been waiting all day to pee. The patio door was open for him to go out when he wanted but the amount of time he spent in that peeing position, he had to be holding it possibly all day!

Right here he is doing what he does every morning when first stepping on the patio, wet or dry. He sniffs the air, looks around the yard for anything that might scare him. He gets scared easily over the strangest things inside or outside. So this pose is normal for him.


Then he searches like a hound for the perfect spot to pee or maybe a spot he has used before. He will also tip toe through the grass since it's wet.


This is what I am talking about. Normally a short minute lapses and he is finished. Not today. I had the chance to stare and wonder if he had been holding it. When I answered myself he still had not moved. It was like he was never going to stop. He is the guilty one killing my grass with those big yellow spots?


I even had time to adjust the lens to fit Watson in the photo. Walter is still peeing !!!!


As he finishes and turns towards me, he sees that I have been staring at him ... he doesn't like that either. Now he will search the yard for a place to get rid of his lunch. In this case it might be breakfast and lunch. Once he is finished ... he will stand and kick his rear legs back and forth almost like a stretch just to let other dogs know that is his spot or is he hiding evidence he has been there?


Like every morning, because I watch him sometimes, in any kind of weather, sunny or overcast, cold or hot ... he will SPRINT to the patio door running through the house straight to his sleeping spot in the computer room. If I don't leave the door open due to outdoor temperatures or if snow or rain is blowing my direction, I make sure I am there to open the door when his feet hit the patio step.


Here he is gaining enough speed to jump up on the patio. Not a hard thing to do even for him. 

Well the "bug" in Wordpress must have left the background because after attempting the same process over and over and over, my test blog launched finally. I am using as a test site and will play around with different themes, css codes, etc. I have too many photos and too many posts here to be moving this blog anywhere.

Remember a few years ago when there was a rumor that Goggle was getting rid of Blogger? It was about the time the canned Google +. Just think how much server space is needed to store all the blogs and their photos, some active blogs some not.

Well it's early but I don't see any chance or any motivation to wait a few hours to see if I can get in a few more photos or if the hounds and the dog will shock me with high activity to blog about. I need to find something to eat and decide what my next plan of attack is for this day. I honestly thought it was Wednesday when I woke up. I finally remembered the Reds were playing in St Louis on Friday through Sunday and I could remember then second game yesterday ... so it must be Sunday.

Nothing more than wet, very humid and somewhat boring day here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I left out the best photo but he does some funny stuff.

      Delete
  2. The admirer and his crew are home from Rochester MN, and the surgery went well. He is recovering, and he showed the whole OR team and the Recovery team his hounds and the dog! One lady owned a hound herself and she shared a pic of her hound with him too. We now must return every 6 months, the valve is needing to be replaced again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did they do to the valve this time? I assume every 6 months they are looking to see what the gap is in cm. My last doctor told me that gap measurement is not a real measurement but the cardiologist interpretation of what they see. That's funny he showed everyone his hounds and the dog ... love it.

      Delete
    2. The admirer has been in my thoughts and prayers. Pleased to hear that the surgery went well and he is recovering.

      Delete
    3. They took every test possible and determined, that the valve is wearing out and needed to be replaced. He moved into the "Moderate" stage of AS now. They took out his wisdom teeth because they became impacted and some erupted and causing him significant pain. He can't be put to sleep without a "Cardiac Anesthesiologist" so since they had one on staff, they took them out ASAP because one of the major things to cause an Aortic Valve to go bad real fast, is dental. I take him quarterly to have his teeth cleaned, I get them sealed as needed all in an effort to keep his teeth healthy to keep his valve in as good of shape as possible. He is in so much better spirits today, it's amazing how much those wisdom teeth affected his mood. WINSTON... gosh how come I drew a blank to that... grrr

      Delete
    4. My last echo, they said I was a moderate instead of serious. Only a .2m difference. WOW I didn't know that about dental causing that. I had a wisdom tooth removed in 2019 before I knew about my AVS, it had broken in half. "Drawing a blank" is becoming the norm with me any more. Frustrating at times.

      Delete