July 21, 2022

A Year Ago Two Days Ago


As you can see I am having a hard time coming up with a story for today's post. The heat was the same as yesterday so the hounds and the dog and I spent most of our time inside and a lot of that time was spent sleeping. No wonder I don't sleep well at night. This folder of photos caught my eye though. It was a year ago on the 19th of July that Mr Fence showed up early and finished early. By the time they were finished I could take down the temporary fence I had installed and did NOT have to wait for the concrete to dry holding every pole, 28 inches deep. The hounds and the dog had their new freedom to roam at will.



The two gates have key locks. Each section was leveled as they completed each side. After a year of giving Henry, Walter and Watson their freedom to come and go as they please, inside and outside on their own, it was money well spent.




















The fence was in the plans when I bought the house a couple of months earlier. Basset Hounds wander and Henry had already broken free a few times out the front door to explore the neighborhood. He was wearing an Apple AirTag on his collar soon after that just in case he escaped again.

It was good I ordered the five foot tall fence. When Watson stands on his back legs, his head is taller than five feet. It is more flexible than I like. I thought it would be heavier aluminum based on the price I was paying for it. Luckily a few of the vertical bars could be bent back to normal after Watson's head was strong enough to move them and get between them. He has not done that often.

Also none of them has tried digging out under the fence to get out or to chase animals they see.

I would take some current photos of the hounds and the dog but I'd have to wake them up. Their day has been a sleeping marathon today.

Looks like it's going to be hotter in a few days. Humidity is what I consider low but it still feels like an over when you step outside. 

It's just another day in retirement here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. The dog and the hounds love it as do I ... keeps the backyard private and they can move as they please. I thought it would be stronger aluminum though.

      Delete