July 15, 2022

What Happen To The Cameras?


Something a little different in today's post .... more rambling, not sure what photos will show up or which direction my thoughts will go. A friend and I have been talking about blogging more lately. We had both quit blogging a while ago, he longer than I. In fact he has restarted his blog because of his need to write. That got me thinking about my blog from a few years ago when I would post daily and sometimes twice in a day.

Nothing has really changed in my routine now that I am back in Indiana for the past 14 months (times flies) so nothing for sure yet, but I am thinking of dragging my old cameras out of storage or off the shelf and start blogging more. There are plenty of things to blog about around this small city and of course the dog and the hounds will give me photo possibilities.

So no promises but we will see what happens here. At least it would get me out of the house and solve my urge to write, even if I am not a professional writer .. misspelled words and bad grammar at times brings a "roar from the crowd".

I bought that Nikon D3200 in 2014 and it was my main camera UNTIL the last two iPhones I have had with their great cameras and in some cases better, sharper picture quality. I still have my iPhone 11 Pro Max with no plans of upgrading to the smaller iPhone 13 with the wider bezel like I had on my iPhone 5. But the Nikon D3200 had some competition when I bought the iPhone 8 Pro (?) a few years ago ... really my iPhone is my daily camera I guess.


My friend had bought this camera a few years ago. His photos were really sharp on his blog and it meant you did not have to carry a large camera with a long lens around. I bought one in 2019 and took a lot of photos of it but found it hard to find the correct manual settings for the best photo. I read forums by users of the camera and still had a problem getting what I considered a great photo. 

The camera gave me my answer ... not to use it ... there was a black spot show up inside the camera in the view finder that would show up on photos intermittently. I tried the process to send the camera into Canon to get fixed but that process turned out to be a frustrating mess ... so it sets on the bookshelf in the computer room collecting dust. I still try it out sometimes just to see if the black spot shows up or not.


This Nikon Coolpix 3100 is so old I cannot remember when I bought it. Oh, I remember, sometime around 2005 - 2008 when I was a full-time eBay seller. This camera was highly recommended for taking photos of items you were selling online. It uses a large SD card along with a tripod for those product photos. I still take photos with it just to check the quality difference between then and now.

Any guesses when this gasoline pump photo was taken at those prices? How about in February 2021 ... only 17 months ago, at Fry's Market Gas Station in Sierra Vista AZ. Gas prices will come down eventually but I seriously doubt they will ever be as low as these prices. At the time the photo was taken, I was complaining about the rising cost of gas.


These next eight photo were just taken with the Nikon D3200 using the Tampon (Thanks for pointing that out Flowergirl) Tamron 18mm-200mm lens. It looks like I am going to need some practice in using the camera again. At least in my eyesight I see dull photos lacking sharpness.

That vent you see is pushing out ice cold air from the air conditioner so that is Watson's favorite spot to nap while I am on the computer.


Walter was sleeping soundly until he heard about my thoughts of taking more photos and possibly blogging more. He isn't sure he can handle more activity in his daily schedule. Just like the articles said about English Bulldogs ... they don't like doing much more than just hanging out at the house. Now he wonders if he will have to spend more time posing for photos.


Out of practice taking photos ... I didn't quite press the shutter fast enough to see Henry laying down sleeping. Once again there is cold air blowing across those floors and most of the time the hounds and the dog spend most of their summer days sleeping on the laminate floors.


With the patio door open as I took photos outside, Watson was not going outside into the hot sun. He usually doesn't mind the hot weather but had just woken up and had followed me to the door just in case I found food along the way.


I mentioned these the other day in my last post. I have never ever had this happen in my previous 35 years of having hounds. Past photos prove that. So it has to be the water they are drinking, I don't know. Before I start giving them filtered water I thought I would try the jars of supplement first. No since in wasting money and then not feeding the small tablets to them. Those supplements are suppose to eliminate yellow spots in the yard from dog urine.


Right now, Henry is the only one eating this because I think it is only Henry that is killing my grass. We will see.


I was surprised they planted corn in such a small field. This field looks smaller than the one behind the house up north, where blog photos were taken with our two walks per day in that field unless it was raining. 

I talked the other day of buying another mountain bike like I had last year just to jump on and ride around town, at times on gravel without changing into bicycling clothing and riding my other road bike or gravel bike. This is a basic hard tail bike and is very basic compared to what the true mountain bike riders use riding trails. It is all I need though since I rode my road and gravel bikes a lot more in the past.

That last photo was taken with my iPhone a couple days ago ... I just don't see the Nikon taking that sharp of a photo. I will change out the lens to a Nikon 70mm-300mm and see if that makes a difference. 


These next five photos were taken outside with the Nikon 70mm-300mm lens. I can see a big difference compared to the other photos I took this morning with the Nikon D3200. It is a "cool" 86° today but Walter still does not know if he wants to stay outside in that heat. The humidity isn't that bad.


It did not take long for Henry to decide that the cold air condition house was better inside than outside, no matter how many photos I wanted to take.


Walter was between snorting and a short bark that cannot be heard in this photo, but he wants to tell me we should go back inside.


This reminds me of the very very hot dry summer days in Sierra Vista where I would sit outside at lunch only 10 minutes before having to go back inside due to the maximum heat. Yet that 10 minute exposure to the high altitude sunshine maintained my tan.


His siblings are all trained in professional SAR, scattered across the USA. There is always something his nose picks up, that he has to check out before he hears you or before he goes anywhere.

So that is it for today. Just a heads up, I don't take a camera when I ride my bike and most of the time not even my phone to take photos. I just like to ride, rarely if ever stop when I do. Unlike the hound walks up north a few years ago that we use to blog about, it is impossible to take any kind of camera while walking Henry or Watson. They can't be walked at the same time and both have to be leashed due to the little traffic we have on the street. So any photos similar to the past hound walks or some biking photos will not be possible down here.

Let me know what you think about the idea of blogging again where the focus may be back on daily activities of retirement life instead of just the hounds and the dog. I just have the urge to write and to get out and take photos.

It might be too dry for the lawns but really, it has been great weather this summer in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana. 

I am off for a short bike ride. Once the muscle soreness disappears, the rides will be longer and on different bikes.

15 comments:

  1. It isn't a Tampon lens....hahahaha! How about Tamron??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... I guess my proof reading isn't what it use to be for accuracy. Thanks for letting me know. LOL .... oh boy.

      Delete
    2. I went back today, July 17th and typed my original word, then put the line through it so the correction you pointed out will be understood a little easier. It shows now, you know what you were talking about. LOL

      Delete
  2. I hope you will continue blogging - I enjoy the dogs and would also be interested in seeing sites of Evanston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy your blogging and would read your blogs as offend as you would post them. I all most had a cow at those gas prices until you stated that they were old ones. Boise gas is 5.25 per gal.
    Vern in Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at those prices when I saw the photo. I paid $5.49 the other day but I need premium in the cars I drive now. Not a big deal because I figured all of that cost per mile out before I traded cars.

      Delete
  4. So great to hear that you will be blogging more in the future. Have missed your postings over the last months. Loved the last posting with so much photos of the gang of three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, my activities anymore are adjusted by how I feel. Nothing is different health wise except "laziness" ... so on those days I am totally unmotivated to do anything and usually don't. LOL

      Delete
  5. My opinion is to concentrate on blog content rather than focus accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that theory or policy. I will remember that from now on. Good to see. you.

      Delete
  6. I knew I kept Ara in my reading list he might come back one day!

    As far as blogging - your blog, your content. Some may be interested and others not, but who cares? (I had a grand total of 8 hits on a recent post!) It's your life and your connection to the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ara and I have had long discussions about blogging, the good and bad. Of course in his case he had thousands of readers while I have less than a hundred unless a dog dies or I am ranting about politics. LOL

      Connection to the world is probably healthy for hermits like me. I can only talk to my dogs so many hours per day. When I figured out the routine was the same as my other Indiana routine with only the location changing, I thought why not? I really do have time to blog and take photos.

      Delete