July 03, 2014

Thinking of Migrating Back to One Blog

It looks like what I wanted to do worked and it was a simple process. So there are some new posts, in date sequence and for those that have not read them, if you are interested, keep scrolling down and you will see them. They will continue to the second page.  

Some of you may know that I started a second blog not quite a month ago. I was planning to stop blogging here completely but I still post on occasion when it deals with 'rvs' or 'hounds' .. lately mostly hounds. Originally I was going a whole different direction with the other blog and no connection to this blog.

That whole different direction never happened.

What did happen, I started writing about life in general. From the comments, some emails and some added followers, on that blog I saw where some of my readers here moved over there ... some, reading both blogs because I continue to blog here on occasion.

That seemed to be working out ok until a few minutes ago after I had finished getting caught up on my blog reading. I started thinking why have two blogs with similar readers, in some cases the same readers. Sure, some people that are retired are not into the RV lifestyle but there are some RV followers here that are retired and might find some of the new blogs I follow interesting, some retirement information or even some of the every day mundane stuff that goes on here in the "tropics" of southern Indiana enjoyable to some.

There are some blogs I follow where they travel part time, maybe only a few months out of the year and the rest of the time they are blogging from home. A few have retired from the road, but they keep blogging and it's enjoyable to read what they are doing, even if it local travel.

Even with everyday mundane activities going on, the mind and subconscious is still working and in my case that is always a dangerous but interesting thing to see. At times it has become a pretty enjoyable read to some.

So what I might be doing the rest of the night is migrating some of the posts from my other blog over to this blog. I will have to read some blogger help section or google questions, to see if I can do what I want to do. If I can't, I'll post some of the posts from the other blog over to this one, in the same sequence as I wrote them. I'll just schedule them to post daily starting tomorrow until I'm caught up.

I've posted 15 times over there.

This will keep it simple for readers, simple for me, simple for the hounds and simple for my Google+ profile.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment