November 04, 2017

Hounds Had A Fun Friday


The day was so nice today that I knew we were going to get three total walks on Friday afternoon. If I didn't want to go I knew Sadie would want to. So I took the camera with me on the second walk but took only the retractable leash on the third walk. It was still somewhat cold but it felt good. As usual Sadie was thrilled getting three walks in. Heidi??  Never moved from the couch.

I still continue to get good results from the slower speed internet today and have had no problems with large pictures loading or uploading mine into Flickr.


As we started the walk I was wondering if we would run into any deer but I have never seen deer this time of day, a little after 3pm. Like I have said before Stella never walks fast on her afternoon walks. She might wander off a little but most of the time she just walks ... slowly.



As we headed toward the back of the field Stella was moving left toward the 'no fly zone'. Sadie was more interested in rechecking where the deer escaped this morning.



Sadie was hitting the exact spots the deer escaped.




As I looked at Stella I had no idea what she was going to do. She was just doing her slow afternoon stroll.


Anyone know what is is?  Some kind of mushroom I guess but not sure.



Stella decided since Sadie had not left that area to be out into the open, she decided she had better go check out what Sadie had found. Yet, she slowly walked that direction, slower than normal.


Sadie gets airborne and left the area before Stella gets there.


The walk was back to normal.










I couldn't get Heidi outside even after bribing her with a dog treat. She just headed back to the couch in the middle sunshine after she ate it. I thought about raking some leaves but with them still being wet there is not any reason to rake them. So the bloodhounds and I stayed outside for a while while they roamed around the yard and field.

I received my estimate to repair the Z4. USAA Insurance mailed the check today and by the list of parts it looks like they covered everything. I guess I had more damage underneath than I thought after looking up the parts listed. I went out and took a closer look under the car and looked worse than I first looked. That must have been that loud explosion of breaking plastic underneath my car when I drove over that last bridge not 500 feet from the driveway.

Just a few days away from 70° here in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment