Do you remember that Verizon story I told you in December. If not, it was in this post.
Well it has turned into a nightmare of "systematic adjustments", computer generated. That is what the Verizon rep I talked to yesterday on the phone could not understand why or what was going on. So let me back up and catch you up on what has taken place since that post.
Hmmmm looking back I see I left you with my November 30th call to Verizon where the rep said I would receive my refund for days not used in the next 10-14 days. In the past when I canceled Verizon in 2020 to get a better bundle deal with ATT/DirecTV, the transfer was very smooth. Verizon sent me a Final Bill along with a refund check in the mail for the days I had paid for in advance but had not used. So they are capable but evidently not this time.
14 days passed in December and I did not receive a final bill nor any refund check. On December 21st I get an email telling me "your refund is on the way !!!" ... in the form of a Master Card Debit Card for $49.63 and I would receive that card within 7-10 business days. I pulled down my Apple Reminders and added the information but also moved the date out past 10 business days for Christmas Day and New Years Day time off.
18 days pass ... No Verizon final bill, no Verizon refund debit card. But I did get a "December Bill" that showed my balance due was a CREDIT of $49.63. Strange and scary at the same time. WHY did I have a new billing cycle ?????
Yesterday on January 8th I get my daily email from the USPS showing me mail they have scanned and that I will receive that day or soon after. One of the pieces of mail was from Verizon and on the front of the envelope it said Billing Statement Enclosed. Shouldn't it say Final Bill ???
I forgot to mention in December AFTER they told me they were sending me a refund ... they sent me a December BILL showing I had a credit balance on my account of $49.63 but it also showed my NEW billing cycle was from December 2nd to January 1st. An email from Verizon told me "you are all set up for automatic payment" ... WHY???? My account was closed by me and the Verizon rep on November 30th.
Luckily that December statement showed I had a credit of $49.63
Around 8am yesterday I called Verizon and waited on hold for a little over 30 minutes BEFORE finding out I was about to received a January Bill. While on hold I received that USPS email showing I was receiving a bill. I was about to hang up when I saw that, thinking I would check to see what it said and then call back ... when suddenly I hear a person on the phone. I had gotten through to someone I could talk to. That mail would not be delivered for another 3 hours.
He brings up my account and tells me the following:
- Account is closed
- Refund was mailed to you on December 21
- When I told him I had not received it yet, he said the postal service is slow
- Balance due is ZERO
- "I cannot understand why you are being billed again. OH WOW, OH WOW"
- I ask what is going on that him saying WOW concerns me.
- Then he is talking to himself and tells me ----
- If I receive any bills in the mail to ignore them !!!!
- I told him the bill I received in December and labeled as such looks like they changed my billing period from the 15-14th of the next month from the 2nd - 1st of the next month LIKE I HAVE A NEW ACCOUNT ...
- "I show you have only one account and that was closed November 30, 2021 you should not be getting more bills in the mail.
- Same account number as the one I closed November 30, 2021
- NEW billing cycle December 2nd to January 1st 2022
- January bill of $64.33 due on January 24, 2022
- The total includes PAST DUE AMOUNT of $64.33
- Auto Pay is schedule for January 29, 2022
- As per my bank recommendation that debit card tied to that Verizon account was cancelled November 30th to prevent future auto pay withdrawals.
- Verizon had already told me by email since my account WAS CLOSED "all future billing will be by mail. (why FUTURE BILLING???)
- Previous Balance THROUGH December 1st --- a credit of $49.63
- Remember they are sending me a refund debit card December 21
- December 21 - CREDIT $49.63 IS REVERSED !!!!!
- December 23 - My November payment (automatic electronic withdrawal) REVERSED
- TOTAL UNPAID BALANCE $64.22 DUE IMMEDIATELY
- Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau
- Contacted by the Verizon EXECUTIVE in that branch within 48 hours after filing complaint
- Issue fixed immediately
- No communication of billing from Verizon in any shape or form after that call.