It was a productive day at work. I sat down today and wrote down everything I need to do at home before I can leave. Currently that list stands at 19 items. I then made a list of things I would like to add, change or need to take with me on the RV that I buy, before I hit the road. Currently that list stands at 14 items. Some are easy to get done, others will take time to complete.
How long will the list take to complete?
I spoke of my plan a few days ago but it listed different options. This is my plan, not my lists.
1. Rent my house
2. Sell 2 cars and an old truck
3. Either sell, donate, and throw away EVERYTHING I don't need to take with me. (with aircraft carrier experience I know how to travel light)
4. When I am CLOSE to leaving, give my 30 day notice at work, I feel that is more than a fair amount of time for my "will be shocked" employer.
5. Keep what savings I have plus what I get from the sales of my cars for an "emergency fund".
6. Live on my military retirement.
7. Load the hounds and hit the road
How long with that take? I am not sure, many things on my lists determine my departure....Still, I am thinking no longer than 1 year and most likely sooner, with a goal as soon as possible.
After I am on the road, I am going to have some fun before I even think about workcamping, work with some online ideas (past experience) or what some call "fake jobs". I want to go spend days in places where you cannot hear anything but nature...no noise but nature. Just like I have done in the past 12 years, I will record every penny I make and every penny I spend in my yearly spreadsheets. I have one financial spreadsheet, with a tab for each year and then a tab where I can compare expenditures of the current year to the prior year. I love excel spreadsheets...for everything. :)
Then after I have some "on the road" data to work with, I will then decided if I am a workcamper or fully retired, with an eye out for volunteer work.
I am going to look for a Class A, 30-32' long, 1 slide minimum, outdoor shower, just to list a couple of things. I don't need to get out in the boonies, I just need to make it down dirt roads and be self contained.
Well, I would post more....but I need to get started on this list !!!