June 26, 2021

Hounds & Dog Like AC


As usual the day started early with Watson sleeping through the night. Totally amazing for a hound that is not even 9 weeks old yet. (Monday) They went outside long enough to check some of the area before they had breakfast and were back at it soon after. I need a fence and once I have one installed the hounds and the dog will love running free, full speed. I had a few things I wanted to do today that related to my '57 VW bug, so I was at AutoZone a little after 7:30am to pick up three quarts of oil. 


The 83E was starting to leak a little oil and that is usually because the o-rings need replaced. If you do that, I might as well change the oil since it needed to be changed. I took my time with all three standing next to me supervising. Eventually Watson walked into the large crate in the garage and went to sleep. Took my friend for his first ride in the vw and he showed me one great park .. Burdette Park. By the time we pulled into his driveway and then parked at my house, there wasn't a drip of oil anywhere.


It certainly felt more humid than the report percent of 53% and at 88° Walter, Watson and Henry have become fans of air conditioned air. They don't hesitate getting back to the patio door after they have been outside for a short time. I have been countering the summer heat with Arnold Palmer's half iced tea and half lemonade. With the yard mowed last Wednesday my Saturday was open. That didn't mean I would get much done, it just meant I had all day to do nothing. I trained a little with Watson and clipped off the tips of his toenails without him resisting. Walter always checks air temp, winds and humidity before he decides if he is walking outside or not.

It wasn't even 6:30am and the hounds started playing and running in big loops in the yard. I had my new grass seed watered early this morning with no rain in the forecast. 

High speed up on the patio deck and I am not sure where either hound was going because the patio door was closed. 


Once again Watson's ears tripped him up as he was chasing Henry. He has figured out the last two days how to bark and on occasion how to howl ... I have a feeling he may be quite a talker.

Walter's stitches are looking good, no signs of infection. He ran a few laps around half the yard then headed back inside. 

By 4pm they had found cool spots on the tile and went to sleep.

I watch the last three innings of a couple of baseball games, ate pumpkin seeds and watered my new grass while the hounds and the dog hung out in the back and side yard. It was a good day today.

Great weather in "the tropics" of southern Indiana.

7 comments:

  1. WOW, those are some BIG PAWS little Watson has. He is going to be a BIG MAN!!! Walter just cracks me up. His look on his face is priceless while he stand at the patio door supervising those young children during recess. Reminds me of the Principal!!!!! LOL... Henry sure is getting longer and longer... You have the BEST pals on the planet, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is. His mom was bigger than Stella and his dad was huge. They are a great crew. Thanks

      Delete
  2. The two hounds are quite a pair. So good they have each other to play with, while the dog is the sidewalk supervisor. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All three of them give me plenty of photos, that I cannot keep up with them sometimes with my camera. With them being similar in age, they play a lot and then sleep. My last bloodhound puppy was in 2008, three years before I started blogging.

      Delete
  3. Pumpkin seeds? are they roasted & salted ? I should look into trying those instead of peanuts. Love seeing all the action shots and I am so glad you have nice neighbors.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made by David's and usually right next to his sunflower seeds. They are not roasted but are salted. You can eat shell and all or split them open for only the seed. I may like them better than sunflower seeds but the package is smaller. It's proved to be a great neighborhood. Both have told me a fence is not needed but like I told them, a bloodhound and even a basset hound needs some kind of fence. The place is almost too quiet compared to where I lived before.

      Delete
    2. Doesn't look like Davids has been able to bridge the Canadian border wall yet :(

      Delete