October 11, 2024

A Busy Day With No Spare Time


This morning was so routine I actually forgot that it was Friday. The hounds were up early to eat, play a little and by 7am they were back in their sleeping positions for short naps. I got in a bike ride for an hour after 2pm while it was nice and hot for a change. Then cleaned myself up, updated my private bike blog for record purposes, eat some late lunch/early dinner and cut up a fresh pineapple. Not much else to say tonight but it's great to see progress in the hurricane damaged areas. 



Ava is the first of all the hounds and dogs I have had or have, to grab those two old Nylabones and just chew the crap out of them. She does this early in the morning after a few laps around the yard to inspect for any overnight intruders. I know she is only burning off excess energy that isn't expended with a game of fetch and her daily walks. She is so good on walks that I think I could walk her leash free.


When I grabbed my camera after putting the pineapple away, Henry and Walter thought it was a little late to be posing for blog photos. I remembered I told the readers of my morning post that I would be back tonight with some photos and a post ... as you can tell, hopefully, the day was short on time.



As I tried to walk away from those three for a better camera angle, of course they would follow me. The ball is up against the deck and Watson didn't bring it. So a game of fetch was cancelled. As they walked out to me I walked around looking at my severely damaged yard. I saw clumps of grass pulled out of the ground laying on top of the hard clay dirt. 


I knew exactly what was going on because I have caught Henry and Ava doing it ... pulling the green grass out of the ground in clumps, eating it sometimes but not all the time. Well .... that threw me into my loud lecture on the process of trying to keep as much grass as possible while the yard looks like a disaster ... only "to have you two keep eating my grass !!!!"


Henry stayed for the lecture .... the other two went running for the house ... they knew they were in trouble.


Watson let me know he was not guilty of something like that ... but Ava knew I was talking to her.



Ava was heading for her crate and that means as always ... Walter is the guard and protector of the crate. The only problem was I had closed the door when I let her out after my bike ride. I have to do that because she will drag the blankets out into the yard. She has expended that feat by also taking the blankets that Henry and Walter sleep on in the bedroom and pulling them out into the yard ... She keeps me busy.  LOL


"Ava you cannot keep eating my grass" ... I didn't clean up this floor until after I took the photo. I wanted to show you what Walter does while I am gone either to the store or out bike riding, with Ava in her crate. Walter spends all that time trying to break her out of the crate. Sometimes he will get one of the door latches unlocked!! While he is doing all this work, he is drooling, snorting and all of it falls on my floor.

Luckily the floor cleans up easy and looks brand new after I am finished.


That is where Watson goes when he thinks he is hiding from me and whenever he thinks he is in trouble. I assured him he was a good dog, not guilty and could move back to his sleeping spot in the computer room. He looked up from behind the table at me and then walked slo-motion down the hallway.

Can a bloodhound actually walk in slo-motion?

So that is about it for Friday night. The large fair I mentioned the other day with the link, has raised over $1 million dollars again where one lucky winner gets half and the other half goes to local charities. The fair is over on Sunday. I might have to take a short trip down there Sunday and check out some expensive carnival food.

I missed the Northern Lights last night .. that is what happens when I go to bed normal time ... early.

It was a hot and beautiful day here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment