October 16, 2024

Watson & Ava Play Fetch

Doesn't that look like a large vase of Hydrangeas? My neighbor told me I could make some money with those because people dry them out. I am not sure if the garbage man will take them 7:26am lifted and dumped into their trash truck like that since they are bigger than the trash can and the lid is not closed. I guess I will find out early in the morning. If he doesn't I will go to Plan B and cut them shorter and then jam them down into the trash can for next weeks pickup.


All this started with a dripping outdoor faucet in the front. I had no plans on cutting the Hydrangeas down today, nor the rose bushes in the middle, between the Hydrangeas. After looking inside of two crawl space doors for my water shutoff valve to the house I had to go inside, pull up the house inspection report that I received before buying the house in 2021. There I found where the shutoff valve was, under the house but a second look inside the crawl spaces and under the house I still could not find it. I need to shut off the water before I can repair the faucet leak. 

I decided since I was outside, the weather was great and with the garage door open, why not cut the Hydrangeas back to the ground level like I do every fall. Those two left will be cut back in the next couple of weeks, unless I cut them and then haul them back on the berm. Rose bushes in the middle always grow back in the spring.

From there I pulled out my push mower and mowed the outer thirds of the backyard. The center part of the yard I am still in the decision making process on what to do this fall or wait until next March. 

The weather was so nice that all of us made it outside with me sitting on the patio while I threw Walter's bone for Watson to chase and pickup. Ava barks but never picks up the bone but she loves running along side of Watson.








They didn't see where I threw the bone and both were looking for it. It just proves that Watson would never be a tracker like Sadie or Stella was. I had to finally walk out to the bone to the left of this photo and pick it up for her. She was never close to finding it.





You can barely see it laying in the grass. 




Henry sure does look like Winston in this photo. 

Even Walter stepped out side this afternoon to work his nose a little bit. 





Tomorrow's project is going to be all those missing end pieces on my patio deck. I have over 50 end pieces in the garage, to glue into those spaces. The two I tested on the other side with Gorilla glue have worked and were never pulled out by the hounds and the dogs. I think I might be a few short so that means a trip across town to Menards to pick up what I need plus two or three spares.

It was very cold last night and this morning but as of right now and the next 10 days were are back to our average temps of 40s at night and 70s during the day ... perfect weather. 

I did take a drive through the country side tonight, heading north on Hwy 66 and through a small town I had never been to before. I ended up on I-64 and took my 11 mile Formula 1 race course back home. After I fed the hounds and dogs when I got home, I noticed the small water drip on the outside faucet. 

I had not planned on doing anything that I did today here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. Wondering what car you were cruising in on the 11 mile Formula 1 race course??? No news on cars in a long time. Great photos of the gang. Fall has finally come to my area and its nice after a very long hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't talked cars in a long time. I have been and still am a one car garage believe it or not. I will need to add a photo or two of the current car and the story behind it. Basically my hips like it plus Watson will get in the back of this one. Cooler temps are good but not as cold as it is right now, 34° this morning.

      Delete