October 07, 2024

Hounds Fight !!!

It started out as a calm game of fetch between Watson and Ava. Henry laid on the patio and watch them run toward the ball I was throwing across the yard. I decided toward the end to change things up and threw the ball higher so it would bounce on the patio. It went high but too short and barely hit the patio, bouncing into the yard. It was close enough that Henry decided he wanted the ball ... they stopped fighting when I yelled, but by the sound it was going to get very ugly very fast.



Ava will bark for me to throw the ball but she never retrieves the ball. She will follow Watson to and from the ball, then bark for me to throw the ball again after he brings it back to me. If it is just me and her, she will not retrieve the ball and some times will not even run toward the ball after I throw it.

















At first it sounded like they were playing. 

At this point I still thought they were just messing around over the ball. Henry was winning up until this photo.

Then it was real ... Henry was going to get hurt and he does have a little 'fighter' in him for some reason.

I didn't get a picture but I had kept Ava and Watson outside with the door closed while I downloaded these photos from the camera to the computer. They did not try to fight after I yelled ... Watson took off running because he knew he was in trouble and Henry ran inside. When I came back to open the door I lectured Watson as he stared at me standing on the patio. In the meantime Henry walked over to Watson and gave him a couple of licks on Watson's lips ... they were buddies again.

This is just one of the reasons I lost interest in celebrating the Christmas holiday many years ago. I think October 1st is way too early for these kind of Christmas displays. I know I should not let marketing change my reasons for celebration and I know the reason for Christmas ... I just don't a 'warm fuzzy' when I see this.

Where did all the grass seed and fertilizer go at Lowes?? It's been moved. 

After seeing the trade in value for my Apple Watch Series 6 and my old iPhone 11 Pro Max, I decided I would use that to decrease the cost of the new Apple Watch Series 10. There were a few things for me to finally upgrade my watch. As you can see I have used my older watches for quite a while. I will use my Series 4 while the new Series 10 is recharging.

I don't need anything on these watches except the health features that warn me when my heart rate falls below the default setting of 40bpm for over 10 minutes. Taking an ECG is nice and I needed to know if I ever have an A-Fib incident like it told me I did a few days ago. 

I was little curious just how big the bigger 46mm face would be. I had always bought the 44mm and that seemed the perfect size but after wearing the new watch for five hours I like the extra 2mm in size. I was able to increase the font size in combination with the larger face and it makes a huge difference being able to see all the data. 44mm was no longer an option on this new watch ... either 42mm or 46mm.

The new watch went on the old beat up velcro snap band I have. I had a lot of faces to chose from and was able to changed the background color to black with white fonts ... easy to see. Of course I updated the iOS on the phone to the latest version. 

Just this morning MacRumors had an article about this watch and how accurate it was in predicting sickness before it happens. What ???? The 'Vitals App' is pre-loaded and has been since their Series 8 watch. I had looked at each new watch when it would come out and there was nothing really there to change from my older Series 6 and buy the newer model. I had not noticed the Vitals App during those times.

So with the discounts I paid $179 for this new watch. It will last me for years and really I cannot think of anything else it can detect for me besides what this watch already does. 

The cool weather has arrived. I still may be wearing shorts but that is in combo with a sweatshirt. I've already broken protocol on my eating changes. 

Last night about the time Sunday Night Football was starting, 10pm ET ??? (unbelievable) I had the urge to fix 14 of those tasty tortelloni's along with some Rao sauce. Believe it or not 14 of them is the serving size. The Blood Type book said no pasta but my night of sleep last night said otherwise .. I was in a coma and had a great night of sleep.

So that is the highlights of the day here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana ... never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment