August 17, 2015

The Pulling of Weeds Continues on Day 4

Outside Is Not An Option When There's Lightning
For those late to joining this weird topic party ... I have NOT been pulling weeds 8 hours per day for 4 straight days. A few hours here and there but today was the longest with 5 hours in the afternoon. The only reason I went that long was because I wanted to the get top of the drive finished. It was also the hardest weeds to pull because they were shorter and a lot of short small grass type sprouts buried in between the smashed gravel.

It wasn't long after I started that the upper half of my left index finger started bothering me. I'm left handed and that index finger is the major player for pulling weeds. I do some right handed but not the majority of time. It started out pretty fast with the taller crabgrass and spaced out roots. I could see that would not last long.

Rain was predicted for 3 straight days but in Indiana weather can change in an instant. Before I came outside the radar showed there wasn't any storms west of me. I was actually hoping for some rain to cool the temps a little bit, plus make the ground a little softer for easier pulling.

It was a little over an hour later I am on my hands and knees pulling the grass type sprouts between driveway grade gravel, I hear large amounts of thunder south of me. Winds are picking up and after that first lightning strike I decided it was time for a short break ... inside.

Wind From The South
Looking Northeast

The weather radar showed it wouldn't last long so it was a chance for me to drink some ice cold water, sit down and relax. I was not really hot today, around 82° ... but after I stepped outside after the rain that blew through the temps had dropped about 10° and cool air made the weed pulling a lot nicer. It actually felt a little cold and at times there were large cold raindrops coming down through the trees.

It rained lightly off and on for the rest of the afternoon, with the sun coming out that last hour of work.

Today's Starting Point

Today's Finish
More Hours Less Amount - A Lot Of Small Grass Sprouts

I hope to get an early start tomorrow and move down along the fence to the bottom of the drive. Since those weeds are big and taller in loose gravel, it should be a pretty easy job. Hopefully I can finish that left side fairly quickly so I can start up the right side of the drive ... the final piece of the job.

Plan For Tomorrow - Down The Left Side

It's amazing how tired and sore you feel after doing nothing more than pulling weeds on your hands and knees. I was starting to think today that renting a goat might be the better option in the future.

Pulling weeds gives you a lot of time to think of different things and my brain was on overdrive again today. The end result was nothing exciting and somewhat disappointing.

Yet, I no longer have major dental pain, I'm still losing weight into the 4th month of my modified Paleo diet and all the hounds seemed to be pretty happy with their daily routines.

Another nice sunset in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana.


No comments:

Post a Comment