September 16, 2024

Blog Contact Address Change


Sometime back I was noticing some strange traffic on my blog that Blogger furnishes me. A certain country was blasting my blog with traffic. I just figured it was normal website indexing by bots and I still feel that is the reason for the majority of the traffic. It was just unbelievable numbers in page views/visits.

Not soon after I noticed this increase in blog traffic, my Apple Mail filters for junk mail was being overwhelmed with junk mail sent to the blog email address on my blog contacts page.

That email address had been used since October 2011 when I set up this blog. Normal mail from people that have that address would show up in my inbox. I have all gmail forwarded to my Apple Mail on my computer and other devices.

I went through the inbox of bhounds3 on gmail this morning to find the few people that use that email to communicate with me. Those people need to change my email address in their contacts to ---

houndsdogs4 at gmail dot com

I have always spelled out the gmail address on the contacts page because it was suppose to filter spam mail and keep the email address from being hacked. That may or may not have worked, since I do use that email address for different companies that I sign up for or different apps that need an email address.

I basically used it over the years for times "they" needed an address and I thought it might result in tons of spam or junk emails.

I do know the new address works for my blog as an administrator, as Blogger calls it. Feel free to send a test email to the new address to make sure you have it typed correctly in your contacts.

Once I do all the email changes where this bhounds3 was used I will delete the account never to be used again or to receive any more emails. The number of spam emails is just unbelievable also.

2 comments:

  1. It is horrible that you have to go through this to be rid of these people/groups that only want to cause issues and/or hack. Sent a test email. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken a few hours which I expected, to get email changes on different accounts. Apple settings made it a lot easier because I could search their saved user names with the one I was deleting and see all the websites where I had used that email address. Of course it took a while to get approvals to change the author and admin of the blog. Since my blogs work with the new email address and I have sent out the change to people that have emailed me in the past to that email ... I am within minutes of deleting that email account on google.

      Delete