September 30, 2024

Send Money And Nothing Else If You Want To Help


After I posted Sunday's short post I started looking at Facebook's Reels (videos) of all the damage in TN, SC, NC and couldn't believe it. I had no idea things were that bad. Ashville NC is a town I have been to. Years ago I had bought a 1993 Miata LE there and drove it back to Indiana. That town is over 2,000 ft above sea level so it is just hard to imagine the flooding they have had.

In 1916 the Charleston Hurricane did the same thing to Ashville NC.

I KNOW that all or most of us would like to do anything we can to help those in those states with devastation. This is unlike anything since Katrina IMO. Today I read a post that I am going to link and show you what is the best thing you can do for those people in need and why ... Sean has experience in this type of rescue work ... so read and follow if possible.


Any readers here from that area or from any of the areas experiencing total destruction, I cannot say anything that can help you and I cannot imagine the the pain you must be going through right now. The whole situation is just unbelievable. 

With the washed out roads and bridges it is hard to imagine how the supplies needed can get to where they need to go. It reminds me of Katrina but even harder to imagine it being in mountain towns. 

Yesterday when reading Flipboard, there was a suggestion to change a setting in the iPhone Camera section. It might be my eyes but I think I can see a difference in picture quality in the photo above. Here is what I did:

I went to Settings/Camera/Prioritize Faster Shooting and slide that toggle to the left in the "off" position.

Sorry this is short but I wanted to get Sean's information out as soon as possible. 

It actually rained a little unexpectedly here in "the tropics" today ... that meant Ava's blanket was soaked since I didn't know she had drug it outside from her crate.

No comments:

Post a Comment