November 06, 2015

Can't Believe It's Friday

The hounds woke up to cooler temps, slept in late and when they went outside they didn't stay out long. By the time I brought my cup of coffee, the camera with one lens attached and my 18-55mm lens  outside ... Heidi had returned to the door to go back inside. She wasn't out more than a minute.

It all started at 10:03am when Stella stepped over to my desk and started whining. I have figured out that means one of two things ... she has to go outside to pee or she wants to eat. Of course since feeding time for the hounds is between noon and 1pm, the 10:03am was just a bit early to eat.

When I told her it was too early to eat, she starting howling. It was confirmed by the howl she wanted to eat. That brought Sadie into the room whining, Winston started barking and Heidi sprinting from the bedroom to her food dish because it was time for food. She always wakes up when food is involved although you can't tell it by her weight.

I gave in, just like always. I decided at least today and maybe from now on that I will start feeding them twice per day and split the quantity of food in half. For all the readers out there with dogs of any breed and size ... do you feed yours once per day or twice per day?

Sadie and Winston enjoyed some grass and a little dirt eating before I stopped them. 


Stella took out to the field to dump her tanks. On her return trip she was heading in a direction away from the house toward the neighbors so I yelled her name. She stopped, looked up and came running.





What other breed can run and have their ears not only go vertical but also lay over the top of each other in the same run??  LOL

The leaves are back!!!  I may have spoke too soon about raking leaves for the last time. I guess the tall sycamore tree had more leaves left on the tree than I had seen. I will wait until ALL the leaves are off the trees before I rake again. I'll either rake or vacuum them next time.

I know I'll have to fight Friday traffic on 25 miles of two lane highway but Heidi needs food and the kind she eats is 25 miles away. I could use Chewy.com and have that same food delivered for the same price but each place has a "buy 10 bags get 1 free". I am closer to those 10 bags at the store 25 miles away, rather than starting a new account on chewy.com.

Do you like the multiple posts per day or just a daily summary post?

Suns out, the hounds are asleep and fed. It's not even noon yet. Another fine day here in the tropics.

No comments:

Post a Comment