August 25, 2016

Tornadoes Were Way North Of Us

When I mentioned yesterday there was some tornado type winds NE of Indianapolis just like last week ... I was unaware what was either taking place or about to take place 68 miles due north of Indianapolis.

I was sitting outside in the sunshine while the hounds either laid down or Sadie slowly exploring the backyard ... during that time. As I stepped inside my house my cell phone was going off with emergency warning texts. There was a warning for the area 25 miles west of me ... still, I did not know what had taken place in Kokomo, IN.

All of that was approximately 135 miles north of me, it was all sunshine where the hounds and I were at. This morning Sadie was sure she had located a yard mole ... lucky for me she is not the type that will dig up the yard trying to catch them.



Stella is in her slow mode today ... she is my mobile thermometer.


The heat wave has returned just as it should for this time of year. I knew last week had to be a tease with temps in the 70's and no humidity to speak off. So when I opened the door to let the hounds outside it was an instant notification that summer was back here in 'the tropics'.


It was almost 1pm with the sun moving in and out of the clouds where we thought it might be a good time to get in a hound walk. While I was inside putting on my shoes, Stella was heading north and totally out of sight. I could not even see her after I started the walk and was on higher ground.


This photo is looking due north of my location and the start of the walking path.


Stella finally came running out of nowhere to catch Sadie and I, we were almost at the first turn of the walk. I could tell that Stella was going to operate on 'her' schedule and not mine today.


There she is pretty far behind us, in her favorite part of the field. I didn't call her name ... just kept walking. She would have ignored me anyway if I had called her name.


She did glance up at us and started trotting toward us taking a short cut across the field.


While making the return path home, I was lucky. I just happened to turn around to see where she was ... she was headed north and hopefully escape to the land of nowhere before I could catch her. I called her name and she came toward us without hesitating. I think she knew she had been caught trying to escape.


She wanted to show me things were normal and that it was just my imagination that she was on her own schedule today. She decided to run along the side of Sadie like she had done nothing wrong.


Although it was not the unbearable type of heat, it was uncomfortable. What a nice way to end the walk but to open the door to a rush of ice cold air from the air conditioned house ... the inside temp said it was only 76°.

We didn't move the rest of the afternoon.

I'm not sure why I keep this blog as it gets little to zero traffic. It does give me a sport to list a few photos and very little written content ... just like I planned it. That lack of content may be the big reason the Google Bots have not picked it up to be found on their search engines and therefore resulting in zero traffic. A lot of the photos are also the same ones you will see that same day on this blog.

It was pretty calm today here in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment