August 31, 2016

Hounds Enjoy The Day

I thought I was hearing some light thunder last night and by the time the hounds and I were outside for their last trip of the night (1am), there was a light rain.

Woke up to a lot of fog this morning with Sadie and Stella making their normal morning trip. It wasn't long before they returned and went back to sleep until their lunch was served. The temps are to be lower today and when it's in the low 80's that is perfect weather here in 'the tropics'.



I need to mow the backyard because it grows faster than the front yard. I'll get back to mowing them at the same time after this afternoon. The grass was still really wet at 12:30pm, with a morning of sunshine. All of us headed outside after lunch.

Stella is thinking about a nap.


Sadie is thinking and enjoying the sunshine, but a nap is not one of her options. She is trying to figure out where to go.


Stella was down and out within minutes ... a heavy sleeper.



In the meantime, Heidi had walked out front like she usually does and then walked completely around the house looking for that perfect spot to lay down and enjoy the sunshine.








I am not sure why, but Sadie loves the taste of the fine grade dirt that is pushed up through the grass by the moles.



After a short time eating dirt, Sadie decided the sun was just too hot and moved to a shady spot under the tree. That area that I cleared out in April 2015 is the best part of the whole yard.


Never to remain in one spot for too long, or sit anywhere for too long, Sadie was off to explore the field.


Stella woke up only to scratch that itch she had, but she also wanted to go back inside to continue her nap.


Sadie also thought the idea of air conditioning was a good idea and came running for the house when she saw me turn to head to the door.


With the skies turning a little overcast and the decrease in temperature we headed out on our walk today around 5:30pm. Stella was good in that she didn't wander off and I didn't let her hang way back. A few times this week she has pushed her boundary out a little further than I like.


Hard to believe that Stella wasn't that far away when I caught this photo.


At first I thought bought of them had tracked some deer because they took off and got out in front of me maybe 50' and you can see the path's worn down by deer traffic.


Sadie decided to wait on me to catch up and Stella started veering toward me when she saw I was getting close. Both of them stayed pretty close together today.



What I like about this next photo is the bright crimson colored leaves as a 3rd color.


Pretty close to home I called Stella's name ... she didn't hesitate in running toward me. She usually ignores me and stays back, but not today.


They both walked it in toward the end of the walk ... as you can see a lot more purple in the field.


I'll be watching the Washington Redskins play in Tampa Bay tonight. I usually don't watch a lot of pre-season ball but the QB for Washington played at IU the past 4 years and is starting tonight. I'll probably move to something else after he is pulled from the game, which he doesn't know how long that will be.

With that game tonight and college football starting tomorrow night on TV, it is possible in today's method of programming that live football games may be on tv every night from now December when college football ends their regular season. For a football addict like myself ... that's great news.  :)

Question of the day ... camera lens.

Is it worth buying a lens that has the range of 18mm-200mm to be used all the time instead of switching lenses back and forth between my 18mm-55mm and my 50mm-200mm ???

Tamron has a "on sale" price for their 18mm-200mm lens this labor day weekend at Best Buy. (sold out the day they arrived)

We ended the day with steamed broccoli and carrots, with some brown rice and a nice slice of baked salmon here in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment