September 06, 2019

Stella Home With No Stitches & No Bandage


I'll jump a little out of order for the day because most are wondering what was decided for Stella's vet appointment. We hit the lobby of the vet a few minutes before our appointment. We never spoke to a vet but a tech. They thought the healing looked great when they removed the stitches and bandage. All this was included in the cost I paid for surgery. We walked out with instructions she was not to take walks until Tuesday.


For once Heidi slept through the night for the first time in weeks but Stella had other plans, waking me up at 2:55am to go outside. I just wondered if their increased peeing is from their increased water intake during the day. Based on the number of times I fill the large bowl, they are drinking twice as much water out here in the wild west.

I headed back to bed and woke to a "mini howl" from Stella ... somewhere between a whine and a full blown howl. She wanted everybody up and she wanted to eat. How do I know that? At 3:55am she is wagging her tail smiling and trotting to the container the dog food is kept in.



I had this guy watching me make coffee today.

Stella comes out to check the weather, do some stretching and then finds out we are not taking a walk this morning.





As I got ready to get on the rode for my bike ride by 6:15am, she was going to see if there was at least a chance for her walk.


When I bought the bike yesterday I knew the stem was too long. After measuring it this morning after my return from riding, I needed one 7/8" shorter ... I was pretty sure I could find one at Ken's bike shop in Bisbee. Which is more like a museum. That is exactly the size I needed.


I dropped the LeMond and this stem off at the bike shop I bought the bike yesterday so they could exchange the stems. The will have to take off the handlebar tape, one of the brake/shifting levers to slide the handlebars through the stem. Many years ago I enjoyed doing that type of bike maintenance but not anymore. I pick up the bike on Saturday.


Here are some photos of that bike shop called Bisbee Bicycle Brothel ... "Best Little Wheelhouse In Arizona" ... the owner has a sense of humor and gets this old bicycles from all over the world. Some ridden by the most famous riders in the sport of professional cycling.





He told me the sweater was definitely not for sale.


This is the only opening in my fence that is designed for all the excess water to drain from the stone yard. It is also an entry way for snakes and spiders.


I had a nice ride early in the morning, windier than normal, less traffic and perfect temperatures.

Another good day in the Wild West.

No comments:

Post a Comment