July 22, 2024

A Long Day Watching TV

I'm old. I've seen a lot, experienced some. Until today I had never ever watched a Congressional Hearing from start to finish, even a video of it later. So by the time I write this on Monday, the day is almost over but still time to hopefully get some outdoor photos. That doesn't mean it was a boring or quiet day ... oh no!!

The first three photos of this post were after their breakfast, a trip outside and back to the computer room. A daily routine. Has been as far back as living in that small house on the hill north of here, where me and various hounds lived for 22 years. Blogging about those hounds didn't start until sometime in 2015.

You may have read here or picked up on in recent posts that Walter seems to think he is in charge of the dog crate. Well today that almost proved to be too much and honestly as I went running from the bathroom to the great room, by what I was hearing ... I was expecting an injured dog and more vet bills.

THAT is how bad the dog fight sounded.

Afer Ava goes outside to pee, she now likes to run directly in her crate and stand there waiting for me to take off her dog leash. Walter is right there when I do that.

He will then lay or sleep nearby while she is in the crate. This was probably 30 minutes before the dog fight occurred. I have seen it before. Not them fighting but sometimes Watson or Henry or both at the same time like to walk up to the crate to touch noses with Ava or paw at her as if they are playing, with her inside.

Like I said, I had to run from the bathroom when I heard them so I did not see it ... but I think that is what started the fight. Henry and Watson walk up to see Ava and "the protector" Walter started attacking them. I wondered yesterday why the top of his head felt the way it did ... hidden inside one of his skin folds. Then this morning Henry was administering first aid by licking the same spot I was feeling yesterday on Walter's head.

I think there has been a previous fight like that while I have been gone, and Ava in the crate. Watson has long nails and is unbelievably strong. I think with his paw scratched the top of Walter's head while he was keeping them away from the crate.


Well I tried to get more photos but as I walked outside I see Watson and Ava playing running full speed .... all not supposed to happen until this Saturday. She knew she was in trouble and ran right by me into the house and right into her crate. Perfect .... but honestly it has been a bad dog day.



Watson and Henry stick around to see what's next. Spent a little time outside but it's too hot.

I can even see that Walter wants to come out ... then to top the day off ... I open the door and as I am reaching down to get Ava's leash, she runs by me outside and plays with Watson until I yell stop.


Finally, just me and Ava in the computer room getting some much needed rest but she is blocking the ac vent. LOL

Some kind of day here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana. 

3 comments:

  1. My three kids in three years wasn't even that wild. You have your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL .... you're right. I wonder about my decision making some days. Ha Ha

      Delete
  2. Better you than me with all the antics of the gang.

    I too, watched quite a bit of the hearing this morning and best I just leave it at that. Oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete