July 04, 2024

A Stormy July 4th

We spent most of the day having this over and over. Needless to say, the hounds and dogs did not get outside much. We did have time to clean the yard between rains and it was good to see all that rain I got last night really soaked into that new grass seed in the side yard. It needed it and I could already tell today the difference in new grass growth. The rumor is there will be severe storms later tonight.


While I sat in my recliner, with ice on my leg and my foot elevated, the hounds and dogs decided to get in a late morning nap. They might wake up for their lunch but they were not doing much of anything today.

Checking back through my blog on this date or near this date since 2021, it has rained like this right around July 4th ... and since I don't have a lot to write about today I decided to check out my photo library and bring out some photos on July 4th starting 2019 ... I cannot believe it was 5 years ago already that Heidi, Stella and I moved to Sierra Vista, AZ.


Stella was already enjoying the hot sunshine on the 4th in 2019. In fact it was hot enough at 6:39am, she felt the heat.


We were still waiting on our couch and love seat to come in so they could deliver. Heidi spent a lot of time on this blanket, inside with the AC on.


A year later in 2020 July had some changes. Walter showed up as a 8week old puppy a few months earlier in April. He latched on to Stella as soon as he walked in and followed her everywhere. 


I had bought a 1964 VW double door panel that sometime in it's past had been converted to a camper. I could tell only by the doors because the inside was like a panel van, the way I liked it. The seller drove it down from Durango CO ... temps were over a 100°, so he took it nice and easy.


The 4th of July in 2020 was much like today in 2024 ... I was bored. I took a drive down to the local Toyota Dealership in Sierra Vista and noticed this new 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road had just been delivered. That was on a Saturday in 2020. I went down the following Monday and bought this. 


By the next July 4th, Stella - Henry and Walter had moved back to Indiana but in the short two months we had been there, a new puppy showed up. Anyone recognize this 'black and tan" bloodhound?  LOL


Walter still preferred to spend his hot summers inside near an air conditioning register ...


Then the Arizonian Basset Hound, born on a family ranch at OutWest Bassets, seemed to like his new grass yard full of clover compared to his rock yard in Sierra Vista, AZ.


There wasn't a lot of changes in 2022. Watson got bigger but compared to today, he is grown into being a HUGE Bloodhound. He had already been spayed and had emergency surgery the previous year, when I found out he had been eating the center of his Mexican blanket that he was sleeping on. I didn't know it until I could see he was having intestinal problems.


Walter seemed a lot more active in 2022 compared to now. Has two years aged him that much? Or is he depressed that Ava showed up. Henry ... just as laidback as the day he was born.


Remember that all of these past photos were not exactly on July 4th but within two to three days. Last year Watson had calmed down a lot and could actually relax and enjoy his yard.


Henry hasn't changed at all ... but all that green grass around the deck has ... disappointing. 


Three years later Walter will still spend his summers inside where the AC is turned on. He will go outside only when he needs to and then sprints, literally sprints back to the patio door when he is finished. 


This was one year ago today. Two of those three neighbor's trees are gone, it looks like the three internet/tv cables are hanging higher on a new pole, than in this picture ... and the fence they repaired yesterday is not as straight as this is. Hold on I would have to look again .....


Hmmm starting from that left corner, it dips more than I like it looks like that 5th post over needed to be pounded a little deeper into the old post. You can tell though looking at the bottom of the fence, the land has shifted a little bit the past year. 

Can you tell the other difference in those two photos, not including the new grass ???

Soybeans last year, corn planted this year in the field behind the properties.

I am putting this blog post together at different times of the day today, instead of all at once. It is not quite noon right now, the rain and dark clouds have disappeared and the sun is trying to show up. My weather app shows clear weather until rain around 4pm and then it will stop tonight for the city fireworks. Since I wrote that earlier today, all the forecasted rain has blown out and it is clear skies for the rest of the night.

My neighbor's across the street will have quite the light show out in the street. The hounds and dogs will be okay with the noise luckily. 

I am going to call it early today, at 2:35pm ... Listening to the Reds game on radio that is almost over. Street is lined with cars and trucks across the street for the big blow out tonight, it's an annual thing. In the meantime the skies are clear and the city fireworks over the Ohio River will start at 9:30pm CT if anyone is interested in attending.

I need to ice and elevate my leg/foot, take a siesta and prepare for tonight.

It's hot and muggy today in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana. Happy July 4th everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Time sure flies! Nice walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought some of those old photos would be a nice slow day addition. Time is definitely flying. I have lived here longer than I did in Sierra Vista.

      Delete
  2. Nice blog tonight and enjoyed the photos from long ago. I remember many when they were posted the first time and always love hearing about your car adventures. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were some wild times the car adventures. Yet looking back into my mileage log I kept for years, it wasn't the first time I had 4-5 auto. LOL. I may need to start adding a photo of two from long ago at the end of each post.

      Delete