November 22, 2016

Adjusting To Cold Weather

It was just a little over 4 days ago I was outside wearing cargo shorts, a sweatshirt finishing up the last of the leaves and mowing the yard one last time. The temperature was 71°.

I think you will be able to see the "coldness" in the photos below. It's not close to the 70's but 33°, when we headed out on our walk around 8:33am. Without any wind it was somewhat warm with a down jacket and gloves ... in just 4 days.


How is it possible to get out on the walk by 8:30am ?? For some reason I've been getting to sleep before midnight and waking up by 7:15am. It's barely dark, cold inside the house and all the hounds are thinking about is "pour out that kibble".


Stella and Sadie took off sprinting to start the walk. It's hard to believe that we are scheduled for a full day of rain tonight and through tomorrow. There may not be enough pictures and activity to blog about.


Luckily it looked like this around 8:33am but by 10:15am the sun was out and the skies were blue.


As usual there were plenty of new scents for the hounds to get some nose exercise. I let Stella do what she wanted and did not try to get her to move when she stopped at different spots. Sadie on the other hand had a pretty fast pace.



As you can see Sadie and I are about to make the first turn while Stella hangs back.




For some reason Sadie veered left of the path instead of moving up to the far right hand corner. As I turned to check for Stella she was already almost to me and flying full speed.





Once again when they got to this point of the walk I was sure they were headed to their 'no-fly' zone. It was nice they waited for me and as I made the turn left to head home, they did also.



They are quite a pair with funny personalities. You never know what they may do next or what they find to get into.



No neighbors in view but something has Sadie's interest. There is a house across the highway that has a Saint Bernard ... with a wireless fence. It does not stay outside all of the time, at least not in the front yard but loves to bark at us if he knows the hounds and I are taking our walk.


While I walked back to the house the hounds didn't move. I let them hang out in the field while I loaded up my 32 gallon trash can of recyclables plus another full of bagged trash into the FJ. Heidi was going to be the first hound to make a trip in the 'new' FJ. I still like how clean the FJ is so I am not sure when the bloodhounds will get the chance to ride.

It's normal that Heidi and I are the only ones that go to the Recycle Center due to the lack of space available in the back, plus the amount of time the back door is open to unload.


There is one thing bad that happens when you get up and feed the hounds earlier in the morning. That means that Stella starts begging to be fed lunch around 10am. Even after having two meals usually by 11:30am ... they don't beg for food the rest of the day or night.

Besides the a couple days of rain, it looks like the next week will be in the temperature ranges of 42°/53°. The problem is it takes all day to get up to those highs and most of the days are spent in the lower cooler range.

Does anyone know anything about a diet based on your blood type? I bought a book about that years ago but never pursued it. Still on the shelf. Yesterday one of my pages I follow on Facebook, linked and talked about that subject. After I started reading their link I saw it was the book I bought years ago.

It might be the answer on why I have indigestion when eating oatmeal, some grains and certain kind of beans. All three of those are necessities for a vegan diet in getting protein. Ironically being a Type O blood type, the book shows grains, certain beans and oatmeal would upset my digestive system. The Paleo Diet I followed from May 2015 to September 2016 was the recommended diet for my blood type.

It looks like I have more reading to do today about those diets.

We are heading for our 'winter routine' here in 'the tropics' of southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment