April 26, 2024

Ava's Vet Trip & Game Of Fetch

This was Ava's first vet trip to the one I use. I prepped the passenger seat with a blanket, a leash connector to the seatbelt to keep her in the car and attached the leash, all before I brought her out to the FJ. As I connected her to the leash, she sat down and looked around as I closed the driver's door. I needed to go back inside and grab some paperwork. She never barked, never cried and didn't get feisty attempting to get away. She was sitting there calmly looking at me as I climbed into the passenger driver's seat. A friend of mine pointed out that mistake and I corrected it 11:20pm CT.

 

She was a calm passenger for the 27 mile trip. Once out of the FJ we walked over to their grass area but she was fine even when I didn't hold the leash. We walked at her speed into the lobby and waited for our appointment. We had arrived a little early and they even saw us early. She weighed in at 27.4 pounds, 14 weeks old.

You can see she was pretty calm while she waited. She was the same way on the exam table. Everything checked out good and she goes back for her next round and final shots on the 13th of May. Before I left I set up three other appointments for Henry, Walter and Watson. I told the vet I would bring them over individually because it was easier for me to handle them. She agreed, because they like to see just one pet at a time to prevent any disruptions.






After the excitement of her return home, by the time I was settled in behind the computer all of them were sound to sleep..



After a quick mow of the backyard it was time for a game of fetch. Walter is outside but he rarely plays fetch. Henry will but not today. The players were Ava and Watson. He loves to play fetch and will bring whatever we are tossing right back to my hand to be tossed again.


The old red kong ball was the first toss. A little larger shape than that baseball from yesterday. But ... they weren't interested in that.



A rubber bone that was bought so long ago I can't remember when it was ... the toy of choice today.











Before I could get the photos downloaded from the camera to the computer, all four were sound to sleep. Scattered from the computer room, in the hallway and Ava likes the bathroom tile, so that is her spot. Walter was leading the team in snoring.

Nothing out of the ordinary is planned for tonight ... ballgame or movies or both.

May is right around the corner here in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.

4 comments:

  1. What a great little girl Ava is. She just seems so relaxed and accepting of what you are doing for her. Love seeing all of the photos of the gang. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all get along and the older three are able to keep their same routines. She has her own favorite spots she likes to sleep.

      Delete
  2. Ava sure is nice looking and has such a good personality. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty, good markings. Looks identical to her mom and a very good personality. She keeps Watson and Henry busier than they had become used to. LOL

      Delete