September 21, 2015

Stella Is A Food Thief

As she continues to get use to her new home, she is starting to act more and more like a bloodhound. She is no longer laying next to me wherever I might be in the house. She will now go anywhere in the house that is comfortable and sleep there. She had shown signs of being a "possible" food thief ... last night she proved it 100%.  LOL

All the hounds were huddled around the coffee table as I was watching the NFL game Sunday night. I had decided to really fall off my diet wagon and order a pizza. It was a large, 8 slices and the plan is always saving some for some cold pizza breakfast or another lunch. Somewhere between slices 5 or 6, Stella decided she had enough observing me feeding myself.

I must admit, with the amount of space available to pull this maneuver off, I was really impressed. If only I would have had a camera nearby it would have been some great photos. To give you some idea of what she did, let me position each of the hounds for you.

I am sitting on the couch on the right end, Winston  is laying on the floor to my left between the couch and coffee table, Heidi has of course stopped sleeping and crawled out of bed because she could smell food, she is sitting to my right on the floor and Sadie is under the coffee table with her face/mouth in position for any quick pickups in case something drops to the floor.

Stella being new to our pizza evolution is standing to the left of me but behind where Winston is laying. She seemed like she was at a safe distance, I ate in peace. Without any warning, all I see is a blur, Stella has jumped over Winston in the area between the couch and coffee table, does a very quick swipe across the box of sliced pizza with her head ... but as she tries to run by me and jump over Heidi, she "fumbles" the piece of pizza .... upside down ... on Sadie's back, which was sticking outside of the coffee table.

The hounds cannot figure out what is going on. Stella stops in front of the tv looking back at the "fumble" and I stare at a piece of pizza upside down on Sadie's back. All in the matter of one minute if not faster. By the time Sadie could crawl out from under the coffee table attempting to get the prized piece of pizza,  I had picked up the pizza off her back without dropping any sausage or pepperoni ... and before Heidi could get to it. Winston was so amazed at what happened, he never moved.

It was tempting to attempt to "save" the piece of pizza with very little damage, just a few red bloodhound hairs ... but I decided it was best to throw it away. Needless to say, when as I walked to the kitchen towards the trash can I DID pick up the box of pizza that had the last two slices and carried them with me ... shoulder high.

After sleeping in a little, until sunrise, we were not outside long. Took a few shots. You could tell it was going to be a beautiful day. As you can see from the photos ... the hounds were pretty laidback today.









In this first photo you can barely see Winston inside the giant ragweed, center of photo.




Sadie returns from her morning restroom trip.





After lunch all of the hounds went outside as we normally do. Winston, Sadie and Stella weren't doing anything that was worth photographing, they were in the back ... I glanced around and Heidi wasn't around. She never runs off and is usually at the door waiting to go back inside. Today she wasn't there. As I start my turn around the corner of the house to check the front yard ... there she was, sitting peacefully in the sun watching traffic. Sorry for the poor photo.


Even after a little afternoon siesta ... you can take those anytime you want when you are retired ... the hounds evidently didn't get all of their sleep finished. Some late afternoon sun put them right back to sleep.

Winston's favorite spot.


This seems to be Stella's favorite spot ... Sadie is too hyper to sleep outside, she has to snoop everywhere.





Here are some photos from Sunday. Winston continues to make sure the bloodhounds follow the rules.






These past few days I've had to deal with extremely slow internet speeds, therefore it takes forever to upload photos into the blog. I reached my 15Gb per month a few days ago, way too early. My new cycle starts the 28th of September. I uploaded too many photos to Flickr, Facebook and this blog during "prime time" and those suck up data like crazy. I get free data between midnight until 5am.

Those hours use to be good for me to do any software updates and load photos but recently since I've been getting up between 5:30am and 6am, I rarely make it to midnight. No problem though. Even with internet speeds of POINT 48 or 49Mb ... instead of 15+ Mb's ... my current speed is still 500 times faster than the old phone dial up of 56 kilobits ... where you were usually in the 30's.

I hope to get out around the area this week and take some different photos ... I'm not sure the hounds will go with me. They get too excited when the FJ stops. They continue to do well on the daily walks though.

Beautiful weather here in "the tropics".

No comments:

Post a Comment