September 11, 2015

The Two Bloodhounds Become Closer By The Day

I wasn't sure I was going to come up with anything to blog about today. It's been a low energy day for all of us, with rain or drizzle most of the day and about 12 hours of sleep last night. With the temps in the 60's and the wet ground, Heidi basically called it a day and went out this morning for less than a minute and came inside, never to return.

Winston stayed under the overhang and later the carport for his time outside, yet the bloodhounds who are not concerned about weather, roamed the field each time we went out. It took a while before Stella decided she wanted to go out and search the field. She had almost talked herself into going inside with this photo.




Earlier this morning I thought I saw Stella lock into something with her tail cocked and her head facing toward the neighbors. For a second I thought I might have to set the camera down and prepare to run after her ... but she came sprinting toward the house as soon as I yelled her name.


She was so fast once again, that by the time the camera focused, she was already up on me. This photo is all I got of her morning sprint.


Sadie is starting to be more aware of where Stella is, sharing a different bone last night, then dropping it down in front of her as an invitation to play fetch. All Stella did was lay down and started chewing on the bone.



It hasn't been quite 13 calendar days since I picked her up and within a short period of time she has learned a new name when I call her and has figured out the new hounds. She knows where the water bowls are and knows which one is her food bowl. There have been zero fights among four laidback hounds.

So I'll leave you some photos of the day .. not much to say from "the tropics" since we have been having "Seattle Weather".








The nightly sleeping arrangement during football games ... Heidi over in the big chair, Sadie under the coffee table, Stella in Winston's old spot on the couch and Winston next to me. All the hounds seem comfortable and quiet.


I'm not sure how this happened with this photo taken with my iPhone but Sadie is on the right and looks about 1/2 the size of Stella.


Winston was still debating this afternoon whether to get his feet wet or not.


That certainly looks like the grass I pulled out by hand a few weeks ago, making a gallant comeback with the sunshine then a full day of rain. I'm not sure I am going to pull more weeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment