September 15, 2015

Yard Mowed And Tired Hounds

Yesterday's running, sprinting and playing wore the bloodhounds out yesterday. We went for the daily walk late in the afternoon but the usual excitement wasn't there. Winston who didn't play, was excited and barking when I was picking up the dog leashes and his collar. The bloodhounds though acted tired ... they walked tired ... and went straight to sleep after the walk through the field.

They slept through both Monday Night NFL games and I had to wake them up to go outside before going to bed for the night. So I was a little surprised this morning as they made an attempt to play again, although there was no sprinting, only in the backyard ... they hadn't recovered from playing hard and long on Monday.








After that first session outside, they came back inside and Stella has decided that she really likes the bone that Sadie has been chewing on for a couple of years. I note that amount of time because it is the only bone that she has not totally destroyed within a couple of hours of chewing, so I hope to find the same bone again sometime.


It turned into a pretty lazy day, we've done very little, except I did get the yard mowed and that includes those burnt leaves on the ground. Add in a little Chinese food buffet downtown before I mowed the yard, a siesta after mowing the yard and this day has turned out to be a pretty good day for retirement.

I usually let the hounds out right after they eat, sometime between 1-1:30pm, most of the time. Due to bloodhounds being susceptible to bloating, no running, playing or going for walks is allowed immediately after eating. They seemed to be still tired so as you can see there wasn't much activity after the meal.







After the yard was mowed the back was in the shade, there was a cool breeze from the SW and perfect to end the mowing job. Stella found the sun though and laid in the grass for a short nap. Winston was on the hot concrete again taking a sun nap and Sadie sat in front of me just to let all the dogs know that she was still in charge of the pack.


This is a pretty normal photo when I have either gone out to pick up the mail or they are enjoying the cool breeze from the south with new smells of interest or a noise that is peaked their curiosity. They will stand there together for a pretty long time as long as they are interested in something outside. Two pretty good watch dogs ... at least when they are not sleeping on the job.


I may have fixed my camera focusing issues, thanks to a blog reader that left a comment on yesterday's post. I did a firmware update and an update named Distortion Control Data. From what I have read before the update, the firmware update was basically to fix one issue with an LED light for the Memory Card. The other update I did just to be current with all the updates and hopes of it fixing my issue that is intermittent.

So far today the camera has worked perfect, with both lenses and before/after the update was installed.

Not much else has gone on here in "the tropics" of Southern Indiana. All is very quiet on the home front with four hounds sleeping most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment