September 27, 2020

Brain Cells Spinning


We were up early as usual with nothing planned. Luckily the hounds and the dog have figured out that the days are getting shorter with sunrise getting later and they are willing to sleep a little longer. Walter was up patrolling the yard early to the point I had to use a flash to capture him in the backyard. The hounds were inside begging for breakfast to be served, while my mind clicked into what I had been thinking about before going to bed last night.


It's amazing to see Henry's reaction when I ask him if he is ready to eat. He has been here a month on the 26th and has figured out what that means. He also loves food, wanting his as well as any others he can get to. Here he is right after eating and washing it down with some fresh water ... those ears will dry eventually.


I caught a little of his eating process at lunch. Speed up the photos a little and you would see his mouth chasing those small bits of kibble around the bowl. Difference sizes because I am in the process of mixing two brands because I am changing to one of them. You know, the gradual progression from the old to new food.
What that means is the other three have to stay outside because they want Heidi's food, who showed up a little late for lunch. Henry goes into almost a frenzy after he finishes his food and within seconds he has his head buried in Heidi's bowl of food. I have to pick him up and get him outside so she can eat. I don't believe Walter would let that happen.


With the hot temps, which I like a lot, I forget that September is almost over. It feels like summer and the only signs of fall are at night when the temps drop into the 60s while we sleep. Heidi has decided it is cool enough if she stays in the shade. I caught her this morning taking her morning nap out by the fence in the shade and she spends late afternoons out there. It reminded me when she use to lay in the front yard of grass under the heat and humidity in "the tropics" of southern Indiana.

I know you cannot see it yet. When Henry is on his back chewing something you can bet he has found another small piece of wood under all the rocks in the backyard. I have a large coffee cup I put the pieces in and once that is full I will lay it all out for a photo of his exploration results.

Walter knows what Henry is doing. It is the same thing that Walter did at that age.


See what did I tell you ... there it is to the right of his paw.


He looks exactly like his dad Fred in this photo.


He will not admit it, but he knows that I know he has been chewing on wood. Maybe I should go on the other side of the fence and cut him down a Mesquite tree limb for him to chew on.
The uploading of photos into the older wordpress posts continue. Based on the folder I emptied last night, I've done almost 2,900 photos with many more to go. Each picture tells a story as they say. When I type the file number into the search box, it will bring up the photo I am looking for as well as others over the years that had that same number. Just glancing at them gets the brain cells rolling. 
A few more hours of sunshine but the hounds and a dog are close to calling it a day here in the "Wild West".

7 comments:

  1. Today's photo of three faces looking through the door was great. Henry is growing fast and is a good looking hound. Enjoy the photo's of the three hounds and a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a funny group and I never intended for them to be the same or similar color. He is growing fast and getting longer. He has figured out he can stand now and reach things.

      Delete
  2. OMG, I busted up laughing at the 3 pals looking through the window of the door. That is just too cute. LOL... The admirer had me print that one for his collection. You have the best entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to clean that door daily, then I said screw it, every couple of days but that date keeps moving out. :)

      Delete
    2. Looking at that photo of the three of them again, this is a collector. I will follow the admirer's lead and put that photo in my Favorites folder on my computer.

      Delete
  3. The photo of the Stella, Walter & Henry watching through the glass door is just adorable. My favorite of tonight's photo and little Henry continues to be so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that dirty glass in the door I debated whether to post that but I am glad I did. Besides getting his photo taken he loves belly rubs, which I hear is the same with his other 9 brothers and sisters.

      Delete