February 07, 2016

Heidi Makes It Out To The Field

..... with help.

After I came back from walking Sadie and Stella, I sat the camera in the chair outside and went in the the house to 'carry' Heidi out to the middle of the field. It was sunny and 53° and I thought it would be great to force her to do something different than bed - living room chair - outside in front of house.

When I sat her down in the field she started wagging her tail and looking around. I figured by the time I walked back to the house to picked up my camera off the chair that she would be right behind me, but she wasn't ... she was still out in the field where I sat her with her nose to the ground, as per Sadie's instructions.

It was great to see that. It's been way too long since she has been that far in the field.

She didn't do much ... she moved slowly ... her tail in a lowered position, wagged slowly back and forth. I thought I was going to catch her tail wagging while I took the next photos but it didn't happen, the camera was just a second off.





It wasn't long before she slowly started to head back to the house. Stella made a last ditch effort to stop her and talk her into staying outside but was not successful ... as she turned the corner by the FJ, she trotted to the door. She decided it had been long enough.

It is something I will continue to do every day when it is not raining or snowing. It is something that has to be done for her. She has to get back to being a basset hound again.








Photos from today's walk will be posted later tonight. After 4 years of blogging on Blogger, I finally figured out why my scheduled posts were not posting. No one said I had to click "Publish" after setting the date and time, instead of "save".

It's been a beautiful day here in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana today.

No comments:

Post a Comment