March 24, 2017

It's Slo-Motion Friday

You'll notice the field across the highway has changed color. After they spread their fertilizer yesterday the disc's the whole field to mix it in with the dirt. It should rain this week.

I am going to add a couple of pictures to show the operation yesterday afternoon. They are all self-explanatory showing how the piles of fertilizer disappeared. As far as any kind of rude smell ... there was/is none.



Even late morning, it felt like Saturday and I had to remind myself for no particular reason that it was Friday. Most days feel the same when you are retired, living in the land of constant excitement. The pace is face, schedules are full and never a spare minute ... LOL

I guess that is why Stella declared this morning "slo-motion" Friday. She was walking so slow in the house this morning that she actually tripped over her front paw and almost fell down. All from dragging her feet with each step.


Probably the best news of all .... the 60's have arrived. No, not those 60's ... the temps. It looks like from the weather forecast they will be here or higher for the next 7-10 days and that is perfect. Maybe I'll become motivated enough to start my 2017 'to do' list.

Once again the goal was to get Stella around that first turn before I left her alone to do what she wanted. Sadie even circled back a couple of times to touch noses with her to let her know she needed to get with the program and speed it up a little.


She did start trotting to catch up once she saw that Sadie had found something too interesting. There were a lot of new strong scents this morning. Sadie was pretty busy.


It is trying hard to be Spring.


With the slow pace walking, that also seemed to decrease my urge to take pictures. I can't remember the last time I came inside after a walk with only 17 pictures to download. With my first game starting at 7:09pm tonight, I had have plenty of time to add new afternoon pictures and get in a couple more walks.


I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere this morning because both hounds were taking their time. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to make it back to the house sometime today.


I think you can see the effort Stella is putting into her walk. Each paw seemed to feel like they had been dipped in concrete to her. I've said it before, I have never seen a hound walk as slow as she does.


I took a look at the new Blogger themes (templates) last night. I started a new blog to work with so this blog would not go back and forth with all the changes I was looking at, while being actively read.

I have to admit I am not finding many of them that I like enough to change from this design. Since I can changed background colors, fonts, and gadgets, really the only thing I am looking at are the different designs. I tried 5 different designs and made my changes.

In each case, there were 1-2 things with each new template that didn't look good. For example when I added the gadget to list the blog roll, each new template showed slight differences that I did not like. I didn't like the way the images of the hounds looked on the sidebar.

I was under a time limit where at 7pm I turned off the computer (sleep mode) and started watching the basketball games until past midnight. I was still able to get a little over 2 hours of looking at the templates before the games started.

I think I'll feed the hounds, take a walk without the camera and come back inside since it's so windy and reactivate my test blog and look at those templates again.

Need food, need a maid, need an assistant ... all is good here in 'the tropics' of southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment