March 23, 2016

"The Tropics" Turn Cold

{Note: So much for my editing my older posts, changing the justification from left to full. What just happened??? Like I mentioned might happen ... when I clicked on the "update" button, Blogger moved this post that I wrote last week some time and made it my most recent post. Being a par-time perfectionist ... I hate when something like this happens. Not a happy blogger right now as I type this. You would think with all the experience Google has, they could at least take care of how their blogs operate. It cannot be that hard to do!!!!}

This post was written and posted on March 19, 2016

Experiencing a little cold front here in 'the tropics' this morning. They predicted it and it has come true ... but I am still sticking with my declaration from a few weeks ago that "winter is over".

As I promised, our lives here on Thursday and Friday stopped around noon and I was bolted to the couch until almost 11 pm with one college basketball game after another. Four different channels were showing them at the same time. So between the many commercials, and close games in the last 5 minutes of games, there has been a lot of channel surfing ... along with texting old friends from college scattered around the USA.

The hound's daily routine didn't change much as you will see in the photos further down this page. The weather basically went from this to this ... compare the two Stella photos for the current weather.

Yesterday - Sunny

Today - Rainy & Cold
It's not that cold, somewhere in the 40's but that is a 30° drop from the temps just the other day. Yesterday was cooler and nice. The hounds had their morning walk, lunch, sleeping. Somewhere later in the afternoon between games or breaks in the action ... we took off for the afternoon walk.

Heidi is starting to come outside more often. I thought she might even be tempted to join Sadie and Stella for the walk but she had other ideas. She likes the front yard and I feel confident she will stay near the house since she has never headed for the highway.


Stella did well off the leash on the walk. I didn't let her get far in either direction and she came when called. About half way she decided she had enough of the strict control ... so she started to play with Sadie. Sadie is never interested in playing while on a walk ...







They both sprinted for the house when I said "lets go home".


As I was close to the yard I noticed Heidi was on the north side of the yard checking out the fence line. She laid in the sunshine even after we came inside. Only when I asked her from the window, if she wanted to eat, did she come running to be let inside. Her appetite has always been good.


This morning has been a different day though. Neither Sadie nor Stella want to stay outside long with a light off and on rain. Sadie is into eating grass today and Stella is not motivated to do much of anything. They will be happy to sleep again today with the cooler temps ... while I watch another 8 basketball games.







Even with the 40's and light rain ... all is good in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.


No comments:

Post a Comment