March 23, 2016

Wednesday Zapped All Energy

I'm not sure who suggested it first but soon after I mowed half the backyard and just a small corner of the front yard .. a siesta wasn't too far behind. The hounds didn't have a lot of energy either after their lunch, even Heidi. Then while I mowed the yard, Sadie and Stella never moved out of the yard but just watched my every move.

I think it was Heidi who finally turned toward the house and said "it's a great day for a siesta".







It's interesting how the photos for Heidi turned out. She was wagging her tail the whole time non-stop, yet that was not caught on camera. 

The winds are picking up speed, the clouds are dark but the radar shows no rain anywhere around us. 

That's the danger of retirement living ... things can change in an instant from being productive to in a deep state of sleeping in the middle of the afternoon. I knew it was dangerous when I "took the job" and am willing to accept all responsibilities for my actions.

It's all good here in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.


No comments:

Post a Comment