September 13, 2016

Yard Mowed Again Today

Mowing the yard was really not on the list of things to do today. In fact, there is not list to do anything. Still, it wasn't the plan as I sat drinking coffee.

One nice thing about retirement is there is no schedule. I can come and go as I please and if something doesn't get done today, there is always tomorrow.


While watching Sadie and Stella explore the backyard this morning, it looked higher than I expected. I had only mowed 4 days ago and at a higher level. I could see if nothing else I had to mow the backyard and not the front. I ended up setting the mower one level lower and mowed the whole yard.


Stella had already declared it a day for slacking off and just kick back and enjoy the weather. She didn't see the need to do anything but lay in the sun.


Heidi agreed but thought she'd get some stretching exercises in. She is in day 4 of eating Taste of the Wild, with no grain and venison being the main protein. She looks better after that short time and I have seen some improvement on some bare spots of hair where she had been scratching a lot, along with skin color.



You can see the flowers in the field are not going to be around much longer. These are just an example of how fast they are dying due to the change of season.





The hounds took their first walk around 1pm, after lunch. I always wait 30 minutes or so after they eat before we go anywhere. Bloodhounds are prone to bloat and exercise or a lot of water right after eating kibble is not good for them.


Stella got in some running without me calling her. She likes to run.



Today I let each of them wander wherever they wanted to go. I was in no hurry and it's good for them to roam at their own speed.





Heidi has yet to join us for a walk this summer. Her last was in April. Although she does enjoy spending time outside on her own. I let her do what she wants ... everything is up to her.


I found it pretty hard to blog today. Not much going on besides the normal daily routine and at times it's hard to come up with something to write. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

The hounds will be going out later for their 2nd walk of the day ... maybe in an hour or two.

I don't think you can beat the weather right now in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment