December 24, 2015

Winston Is Much Better So Far Today

What a difference a day makes, not only the weather is drastically different but Winston so far is having a great day. Yesterdays heavy storms, strong winds and a lot of sideways rain turned into blue skies, white clouds with some sunshine.

No whining at all so far today. He slept from 910am - 1148am. Unlike yesterday hopped to his two front feet when I asked him if he needed to go outside. I propped open the door, went back and put the taped rolled t-shirt under his hips and he took off at a fast pace. Down the two steps and out to the driveway, where his nose caught something for him to stop and smell.


With the sunshine and temps near 50° I moved him to the backyard where he enjoyed the smells in the air and then wanted to walk more. When we came back in, just as I put the gate up he raised his right rear leg to attempt to scratch his ear.


"who says I'm injured"





I had brought out a little kibble in my hand to add to the prednisone to feed Winston. A couple of small pieces of kibble dropped from my hand and of course the bloodhounds were all over that small piece of food and were searching for more.



As I write this he is now whining to make me take the gate down from his gated area so he must be feeling much better than yesterday afternoon.

After my earlier post this morning, Stella and Sadie went outside. I thought they would have the chance to burn off some energy but that wasn't the case. They both locked into some new smells in their territory and off they went in search of who/what it was. At no time did they want to run nor want to play.

It has to be that stray cat






So we came back inside where Winston was still sleeping. Stella decided to take over for Sadie in watching over Winston ... but I caught her about to yawn on the job.



Sadie thinks about staying out longer, she can see it's nice outside today.


So where is Heidi on this beautiful day???? Where else ........ She has refused every offer to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. She has that "don't bother me" look this morning.


It's good to see a little improvement from him today, from the "tropics" of southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment